    have come across a few pieces of information about Cisco's TACACS+ software
    was free. Is this correct? Is it available on the CCO? and Is there a
    version for Linux OS?
    Chris Gumm, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Chris Gumm

    Rik Bain Guest

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:03:30 -0600, Chris Gumm wrote:

    > I have been doing research on securing our routers with TACACS+
    > software. I have come across a few pieces of information about Cisco's
    > TACACS+ software was free. Is this correct? Is it available on the CCO?
    > and Is there a version for Linux OS?

    Yes, search www.cisco.com for "tacacs freeware". Should be the first
    link.

    Rik Bain
    Rik Bain, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Chris Gumm

    reshman Guest

    Also, search for Tac_plus. That is the freeware version.
    Not as easy to configure/use as ACS (the Cisco non-freeware version).

    -Mike

    reshman, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Chris Gumm

    CiscoTech Guest

    and yes, this version runs on Linux...
    I have been using it for several years now....
    CiscoTech, Dec 27, 2003
  5. Chris Gumm

    kent Guest

    I missed the beginning of this thread. I am running TACACS server on win 95
    and I need a new version. I would like the linux version. I have several
    boxes to use. Thanks Kent.

    kent, Dec 30, 2003
  6. Chris Gumm

    CiscoTech Guest

    We were discussing the freeware version of Cisco's TACACS+ software available
    from Cisco's Web Site....
    CiscoTech, Dec 31, 2003
  7. Chris Gumm

    kent Guest

    Thanks.

    kent, Jan 2, 2004
  8. Chris Gumm

    Brian V Guest

    Anyone got a link for this? I've been searching all over cco, but can't seem
    to find it.
    Thanks,
    Brian

    Brian V, Jan 2, 2004
  9. Chris Gumm

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <IVjJb.32570$I07.87059@attbi_s53>,
    says...
    [snip: regarding free tacacs software]
    > Anyone got a link for this? I've been searching all over cco, but can't seem
    > to find it.

    Last time I checked, it was on ftp.cisco.com (not sure of the directory
    though).

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jan 2, 2004
  10. Chris Gumm

    Brian V Guest

    "Hansang Bae" <> wrote in message

    <snippety snip>
    > > Anyone got a link for this? I've been searching all over cco, but can't

    seem
    > > to find it.

    > Last time I checked, it was on ftp.cisco.com (not sure of the directory
    > though).

    Heya Hansang,
    I checked there too, nothing jumping out at me tho. I got an email into
    TAC.....let's see if they know where it is! LOL

    -Brian
    Brian V, Jan 2, 2004
  11. Chris Gumm

    Brian V Guest

    "Brian V" <> wrote in message

    > "Hansang Bae" <> wrote in message
    >
    > <snippety snip>
    > > > Anyone got a link for this? I've been searching all over cco, but

    can't
    > seem
    > > > to find it.

    > > Last time I checked, it was on ftp.cisco.com (not sure of the directory
    > > though).
    > >

    > Heya Hansang,
    > I checked there too, nothing jumping out at me tho. I got an email into
    > TAC.....let's see if they know where it is! LOL
    >
    > -Brian

    I found this Unix based one, but I'm quite sure there was a windoze based
    one.
    ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/pub/tacacs/
    -Brian
    Brian V, Jan 2, 2004
  12. ~ > > > Anyone got a link for this? I've been searching all over cco, but
    ~ can't
    ~ > seem
    ~ > > > to find it.
    ~ > >
    ~ > > Last time I checked, it was on ftp.cisco.com (not sure of the directory
    ~ > > though).
    ~ > >
    ~ > >
    ~ >
    ~ > Heya Hansang,
    ~ > I checked there too, nothing jumping out at me tho. I got an email into
    ~ > TAC.....let's see if they know where it is! LOL
    ~ >
    ~ > -Brian
    ~ >
    ~ I found this Unix based one, but I'm quite sure there was a windoze based
    ~ one.
    ~ ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/pub/tacacs/
    ~ -Brian
    ~

    As far as I know, we never made available a free Windows
    Tacacs+ server, only the Unix one. There are free RADIUS
    servers that you can get for Windows, but I've never heard
    of a Tac+ server.
    Aaron Leonard, Jan 6, 2004
  13. Chris Gumm

    jeff c Guest

    "Aaron Leonard" <> wrote in message

    > ~ < trimmed older information >
    > ~ I found this Unix based one, but I'm quite sure there was a windoze

    based
    > ~ one.
    > ~ ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/pub/tacacs/
    > ~ -Brian
    >
    > As far as I know, we never made available a free Windows
    > Tacacs+ server, only the Unix one. There are free RADIUS
    > servers that you can get for Windows, but I've never heard
    > of a Tac+ server.

    Can someone recommend a freeware version for Windows? I'd rather have
    something that I can play with over time rather than reinstall OS and
    Cisco's ACS every three months ;). I just don't know Unix well enough to go
    that route.

    Thanks, -Jeff C
    jeff c, Jan 7, 2004
  14. Rik Bain wrote:

    RPMS for Linux based on Cisco source code are available here:

    http://www.gazi.edu.tr/tacacs/

    Pat

    Patrick Colbeck, Jan 7, 2004
  15. ~ "Aaron Leonard" <> wrote in message
    ~ news:...
    ~
    ~ > ~ < trimmed older information >
    ~ > ~ I found this Unix based one, but I'm quite sure there was a windoze
    ~ based
    ~ > ~ one.
    ~ > ~ ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/pub/tacacs/
    ~ > ~ -Brian
    ~ >
    ~ > As far as I know, we never made available a free Windows
    ~ > Tacacs+ server, only the Unix one. There are free RADIUS
    ~ > servers that you can get for Windows, but I've never heard
    ~ > of a Tac+ server.
    ~
    ~ Can someone recommend a freeware version for Windows? I'd rather have
    ~ something that I can play with over time rather than reinstall OS and
    ~ Cisco's ACS every three months ;). I just don't know Unix well enough to go
    ~ that route.
    ~
    ~ Thanks, -Jeff C

    I don't play with RADIUS very much, but I've used this one a bit:

    http://www.dtc.co.jp/Radius2.0/RelNoteE.html

    It's a command line RADIUS server.

    Araon
    Aaron Leonard, Jan 8, 2004