    I need that for IOS and Catos.

    thanks

    oliver
    Oliver Schlosser, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Oliver Schlosser

    Guest

    I don't think you can get tacacs Auth for snmp writes. I did a quick
    search of the docs and nothing jumped out.

    I would suggest setting up a syslog server and have your
    routers/switches write back to it.

    For windows www.kiwisyslog.com has a great syslog server, linux has a
    syslog server built-in.

    gets via the RW snmp server community statment are recoreded in the
    logging buffer in IOS as shown below:

    "%SYS-4-SNMP_WRITENET: SNMP WriteNet request. Writing current
    configuration"

    CatIos gives something like:
    "SYS-6:Global block changed by SNMP/"

    You might need to make some changes in both the IOS and CatIOS to make
    sure certain "logging" and "facility" levels are adjusted to log the
    changes. The CatIos is a little more tricky.

    Another safe guard would be to limit snmp access to the device via an
    access list. This way only a specific ip address can access via snmp.

    "Oliver Schlosser" <> wrote in message news:<bea1mb$9kd$03$-online.com>...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > i have installed a tacacs server to do all console and tty accounting and
    > authorization.
    >
    > Does anybody know how to configure tacacs authorization for snmp. I need
    > this to monitor the changes witch are done by
    > snmp for example from cisco view !.
    >
    > I need that for IOS and Catos.
    , Jul 7, 2003