    account.. why?

    Please advise. Thanks.
    , Jun 25, 2008

  2. Trendkill Guest

    On Jun 25, 2:19 am, wrote:
    > I'm using tacacs to authenticate and authorize users for shell access
    > to some routers. I have also a radius server to authenticate and
    > authorize another group of users. My problem is when my tacacs users
    > trying to ssh connect to my router, they will need to key in password
    > twice. Why do I need to login with password twice? The only thing i
    > can think of is, the 2nd password prompt is a secret?
    >
    > I login with user priv 15 to the router, but i can't use priv 15
    > account.. why?
    >
    > Please advise. Thanks.

    Twice during the authentication process, or once for authentication
    and once to get into enable mode?
    Trendkill, Jun 25, 2008

  3. Scott Perry Guest

    If you are using TACACS+ for login authentication, perhaps you have Cisco
    ACS as well. There is a setting on ACS which puts the user directly into
    enable mode at login.

    -----
    Scott Perry
    Indianapolis, IN