    q) how can I import history from mozilla on my other PC, I have the history
    ..dat file but it doesnt copy over over the current history.dat . I uncheck
    read only on folder but the history.dat file somply reverts to old one.

    mexican, May 10, 2005

  2. mexican

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 10 May 2005 17:09:04 +1000, in message
    <42805e12$0$8124$>, mexican wrote:

    > q)i dont like tabs in mozilla, how can get rid of them/

    1. Don't choose to open windows in a new tab.
    2. Turn off any options which would use tabs.
    Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Tabbed Browsing

    > q) how can I import history from mozilla on my other PC, I have the history
    > .dat file but it doesnt copy over over the current history.dat . I uncheck
    > read only on folder but the history.dat file somply reverts to old one.

    Don't copy the file while Mozilla is running.
    You have to first close Mozilla completely.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Politics is the art of getting power and
    privilege without possessing merit.

    Ralph Fox, May 10, 2005

  3. mexican

    mexican Guest

    >> q) how can I import history from mozilla on my other PC, I have the
    >> history
    >> .dat file but it doesnt copy over over the current history.dat . I
    >> uncheck
    >> read only on folder but the history.dat file somply reverts to old one.

    > Don't copy the file while Mozilla is running.
    > You have to first close Mozilla completely.

    I do close mozilla and copy the history.dat file over. I start mozilla and
    it resest the history file to old one. The one I just copied has been
    overwritten?

    mexican, May 11, 2005
  4. mexican

    Doug G Guest

    mexican wrote:
    >>> q) how can I import history from mozilla on my other PC, I have the
    >>> history
    >>> .dat file but it doesnt copy over over the current history.dat . I
    >>> uncheck
    >>> read only on folder but the history.dat file somply reverts to old one.

    >> Don't copy the file while Mozilla is running.
    >> You have to first close Mozilla completely.
    >>

    > I do close mozilla and copy the history.dat file over. I start mozilla and
    > it resest the history file to old one. The one I just copied has been
    > overwritten?

    If you didn't get a Windows message asking you if you wanted to replace
    the history.dat file that was already there, you probably put the file
    in the wrong folder.

    Doug G, May 11, 2005
  5. mexican

    Ed Mullen Guest

    mexican wrote:

    >>>q) how can I import history from mozilla on my other PC, I have the
    >>>history
    >>>.dat file but it doesnt copy over over the current history.dat . I
    >>>uncheck
    >>>read only on folder but the history.dat file somply reverts to old one.

    >>Don't copy the file while Mozilla is running.
    >>You have to first close Mozilla completely.
    >>

    > I do close mozilla and copy the history.dat file over. I start mozilla and
    > it resest the history file to old one. The one I just copied has been
    > overwritten?

    Make sure you exit both the visible running Mozilla windows and also
    Quick Launch if it's enabled.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net