    its own.

    --
    ~ If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you're going.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Feb 23, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=

    DP Guest

    "Denise" <> wrote in message
    news:7884226D-AF4F->
    > Another problem that just started today is in regards to Tabs. Whenever I
    > used to open a link, it would open in a new Tab. Now it opens in a new
    > browser (if the word browser is correct in this sense). It won't give me
    > line-up of tabs anymore unless I open a Tab myself.
    >
    > I didn't make any setting changes on my own, it just started doing this on
    > its own.

    I could get IE7 to open links as a new tab in XP x64, but have not been able
    to do it in Vista. I tried looking for the setting to change this, but no
    luck so far. Anybody know what the setting is?

    Meanwhile, Denise, you realize that if you right-click a link, one option is
    for it to open in a new tab instead of in a new browser window, right? Not
    the best solution, but it'll help until somebody tells you what setting
    needs to be changed.

    DP, Feb 23, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=

    DP Guest

    Figured it out.

    Click on Tools in the drop-down menu bar, then click Internet Options. (If
    you don't see Tools or any other dropdown menus at the top such as File Edit
    View etc, you'll have to right click on the bar and choose to show the Menu
    Bar.)

    There's a choice called Tabs that says "Change how webpages are displayed in
    tabs." Click on Settings and then go down to the bottom where it says "Open
    links from other programs in:"

    That should be the one you need to change (to "A new tab in the current
    window"). I changed several things while I was there, but I'm pretty sure
    that's the one you need.

    DP, Feb 23, 2007
  4. "DP" wrote:

    > "Denise" <> wrote in message
    > > Another problem that just started today is in regards to Tabs. Whenever I
    > > used to open a link, it would open in a new Tab. Now it opens in a new
    > > browser (if the word browser is correct in this sense). It won't give me
    > > line-up of tabs anymore unless I open a Tab myself.
    > >
    > > I didn't make any setting changes on my own, it just started doing this on
    > > its own.

    > I could get IE7 to open links as a new tab in XP x64, but have not been able
    > to do it in Vista. I tried looking for the setting to change this, but no
    > luck so far. Anybody know what the setting is?
    >
    > Meanwhile, Denise, you realize that if you right-click a link, one option is
    > for it to open in a new tab instead of in a new browser window, right? Not
    > the best solution, but it'll help until somebody tells you what setting
    > needs to be changed.

    I've always right-clicked and it just opened a new tab. I never looked for
    a choice. I'll check it out. Thanks

    Denise
    --
    ~ If you don't know where you came from, you won't know where you're going.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Feb 23, 2007
  5. The option to "Open a New Tab in the Current Window" was already checked. So
    I also checked "Always Open Pop-Ups in a New Tab." Maybe that'll help. It's
    strange that it changed all of a sudden, especially since the box was
    checked, and it's annoying as beep to switch back and forth between windows
    in my task bar and tabs in each window.
    --
    Denise

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?=, Feb 23, 2007