    I found some on EBay, the brands were: UC-LOGIC, Wacom, DigiPro, Hanvon, Aquila, Graphire, GENIUS, Medion, Cool-iCam, CyberTablet, Nisis Easypen, Art Pad, Adesso, Acecad, Aiptek, E 3 WORKS, KB Gear,

    Being new to this gizmo I would like some feedback also, on what size is best to get, 4x6, 6x8, or larger. Some have wireless mice and some are stand alone, is one better than the other, or should just get a stand alone tablet? What about pressure levels, is this important?

    Any suggestions or comments would be most appreciated... kk

    www.kevinkienlein.com, Nov 22, 2006

  2. www.kevinkienlein.com

    Mark² Guest

    > "www.kevinkienlein.com" <> wrote in message

    > I am looking towards buying a drawing tablet for use with Photoshop etc.
    > Does anyone have any suggestions >brand wise?

    > I found some on EBay, the brands were: UC-LOGIC, Wacom, DigiPro, Hanvon,
    > Aquila, Graphire, >GENIUS, Medion, Cool-iCam, CyberTablet, Nisis Easypen,
    > Art Pad, Adesso, Acecad, Aiptek, E 3 >WORKS, KB Gear,
    >
    > Being new to this gizmo I would like some feedback also, on what size is
    > best to get, 4x6, 6x8, or larger. >Some have wireless mice and some are
    > stand alone, is one better than the other, or should just get a stand
    >> alone tablet? What about pressure levels, is this important?

    > Any suggestions or comments would be most appreciated... kk

    Wacom Intuos, preferably 6x8. 6x8 gives enough room for fine detail, but
    isn't so big that your hand movements have to be exaggerated.
    Remember...the tablet surface itself represents your screen...not merely
    movement, like a mouse. If you move your pen to the upper right corner of
    the tablet...you'll be pointing to the upper right corner of your screen.
    With the Intuos line of Wacom tablets, you can also specify a portion of the
    screen to be represented by the tablet...for times when you want even
    greater motion control.

    While Wacom's cheaper Graphire often comes with a mouse, the tablet itself
    isn't as sensitive as the Intuos.
    You'll be hard-pressed to do better than Wacom for mainstream tablets.

    Mark²

    Mark², Nov 22, 2006

  3. www.kevinkienlein.com

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 02:52:26 -0800, www.kevinkienlein.com wrote:

    > I am looking towards buying a drawing tablet for use with Photoshop etc. Does anyone have any suggestions brand wise?
    >

    > I found some on EBay, the brands were: UC-LOGIC, Wacom, DigiPro, Hanvon, Aquila, Graphire, GENIUS, Medion, Cool-iCam, CyberTablet, Nisis Easypen, Art Pad, Adesso, Acecad, Aiptek, E 3 WORKS, KB Gear,

    Stick with Wacom and you will not go very far wrong. Go for the largest
    size you can comfortably afford.

    --
    Neil
    'The moving finger writes and having writ still makes the same mistakes'.

    Neil Ellwood, Nov 22, 2006
  4. www.kevinkienlein.com

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >www.kevinkienlein.com wrote:
    >
    > I am looking towards buying a drawing tablet for use with Photoshop etc. Does anyone have any suggestions brand wise?
    >
    > Being new to this gizmo I would like some feedback also, on what size is best to get, 4x6, 6x8, or larger.

    I have a Wacom Intuos 3 .... would suggest sticking with Wacom as they
    are the leader and are highly rated ... mine is 6x8", which feels about
    right ... earlier I had a 4x5" pad but it seemed a bit too small for
    me.

    I only use mine when using the Brush tools, typically with Corel
    Painter, but it's almost a necessity with a painting program like that.

    > What about pressure levels, is this important?

    Yes, at least to 256 levels ... I think mine has 1024 levels but at
    some point it's overkill ...

    > Any suggestions or comments would be most appreciated... kk

    If you get one and want to get as much out of it as possible I
    recommend the book "The Photoshop and Painter Artist Tablet Book:
    Creative Techniques in Digital Painting" by Cher Threinen-Pendarvis ...

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Nov 22, 2006
  5. www.kevinkienlein.com

    J. Clarke Guest

    On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 02:52:26 -0800, www.kevinkienlein.com wrote:

    > I am looking towards buying a drawing tablet for use with Photoshop etc. Does anyone have any suggestions brand wise?
    >

    > I found some on EBay, the brands were: UC-LOGIC, Wacom, DigiPro, Hanvon, Aquila, Graphire, GENIUS, Medion, Cool-iCam, CyberTablet, Nisis Easypen, Art Pad, Adesso, Acecad, Aiptek, E 3 WORKS, KB Gear,
    >

    > Being new to this gizmo I would like some feedback also, on what size is best to get, 4x6, 6x8, or larger. Some have wireless mice and some are stand alone, is one better than the other, or should just get a stand alone tablet? What about pressure levels, is this important?
    >

    > Any suggestions or comments would be most appreciated... kk

    Wacom. They make three lines, the Cintiq, the Intuos, and the Graphire.
    The Intuos and the 21" Cintiq support pen tilt and rotation--this means
    that you can use a simulated airbrush or calligraphy pen and have them
    behave the way you'd expect such things to behave. The 17" Cintiq and the
    Graphire support pressure but no tilt or rotation, which makes them much
    less capable.

    Don't really have time to look at the others--UC-Logic has a couple of
    models with a "PF" in the model number that look like they might be decent
    Intuos knockoffs, the WP series is similar to the Wacom Graphire and not a
    whole lot cheaper. Hanvon is a "real company" with a large
    manufacturing facility--theirs are similar to the Graphire models. Compare
    the rest to the pictures on the UC-Logic and Hanvon sites and I suspect
    you'll find that many of them are relabelled one or the other.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    J. Clarke, Nov 22, 2006
  6. tnx.. kk

    www.kevinkienlein.com, Nov 23, 2006
  7. I think I will go with a 6x8, all I need to do now is find a good deal in
    Canada!! tnx kk :eek:)

    www.kevinkienlein.com, Nov 23, 2006
  8. thank you .. kk

    www.kevinkienlein.com, Nov 23, 2006