    a computer problem, the chats and here is where I come for help :)
    Thank you for anyone who is able to help me.

    , Aug 25, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I just bought a new tablet PC from Gatewate (my previous one I adored
    > was stolen), and 15 days later the pen stopped working. The warrenty
    > covered up until the 14th day and, of course, it was the day after I
    > was able to get free fixes. I was using the stylist freehand in
    > Photoshop when suddenly my eraser stopped responding. I thought
    > possibly the window wasn't selected, so I made sure that it worked with
    > my mouse. When I tapped the pen on the screen, nothing happened. The
    > pointer followed the tip, but when I put pressure on it, it doesn't
    > select or click on anything. The right click button doesn't work
    > either. I have called, e-mailed, and chatted with Gateway support and
    > they haven't done ANYTHING to help me. Yahoo chats were also unhelpful
    > as no one really knew what they were talking about. Usually when I have
    > a computer problem, the chats and here is where I come for help :)
    > Thank you for anyone who is able to help me.

    Get a Wacom next time.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Aug 26, 2006

  3. PeeCee Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I just bought a new tablet PC from Gatewate (my previous one I adored
    > was stolen), and 15 days later the pen stopped working. The warrenty
    > covered up until the 14th day and, of course, it was the day after I
    > was able to get free fixes. I was using the stylist freehand in
    > Photoshop when suddenly my eraser stopped responding. I thought
    > possibly the window wasn't selected, so I made sure that it worked with
    > my mouse. When I tapped the pen on the screen, nothing happened. The
    > pointer followed the tip, but when I put pressure on it, it doesn't
    > select or click on anything. The right click button doesn't work
    > either. I have called, e-mailed, and chatted with Gateway support and
    > they haven't done ANYTHING to help me. Yahoo chats were also unhelpful
    > as no one really knew what they were talking about. Usually when I have
    > a computer problem, the chats and here is where I come for help :)
    > Thank you for anyone who is able to help me.

    "new tablet PC" + "The warrenty covered up until the 14th day" sounds like
    a real rip off to me.
    Surely you got at least 90 days warranty?

    If possible test the Pen on another Tablet PC.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Aug 26, 2006
  4. Guest

    wrote:

    >The
    >pointer followed the tip, but when I put pressure on it, it doesn't
    >select or click on anything. The right click button doesn't work
    >either.

    Been there done that, change the batteries in the pen.

    --
    Board Dots
    http://www.boredmuch.com/view.php?id=764

    , Aug 27, 2006