    pack until i have installed the Tablet PC Dev Kit 1.7, but i have already
    installed it and it works.

    If anyone could help me out that would be great.
    =?Utf-8?B?Q3lyYXh3aW5z?=, Oct 25, 2005

  2. There are no 64-bit Tablet PC's available. I don't think it will be
    available during Vista either (just my opinion). Are you trying get the
    Tablet PC Dev Kit 1.7 to work on XP Professional x64?

    System Requirements
    a.. Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows
    Server 2003; Windows XP Professional Edition

    a.. Visual Studio version 6 with Service Pack 5 or Visual Studio .NET
    (Both may be installed on the same computer.)

    b.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 (recommended)

    Consult the SDK documentation for more information on system requirements.
    Note: You must be running Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 to
    install the Tablet PC Development Kit on a Tablet PC .

    Note: The Tablet PC Development Kit can be installed on certain non-Tablet
    PC operating systems (listed above). On these platforms your application can
    collect ink with the InkCollector class and can be tested and debugged. The
    InkEdit and InkPicture controls can be used to collect ink on these
    operating systems when the Tablet PC SDK is installed, but are not able to
    collect ink on non-Tablet PC systems that do not have the Tablet PC SDK
    installed.

    Note: The Tablet PC SDK requires certain files from a later version of the
    Microsoft Platform Software Development Kit (SDK) than shipped with Visual
    Studio 6. Please download the latest Platform SDK from MSDN® if you are
    using Visual Studio 6.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...83-A821-40BC-AA85-C9EE3D6E9699&displaylang=en
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 25, 2005

  3. I've got a query in to the Tablet PC team at MS right now. I'll post back
    when I get an answer. Hang in there.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 26, 2005
  4. Thanks very much, I'm pretty sure is has something to do with the difference
    in registry entries between regular XP and x64 but I haven't a clue how to
    fix it so that the recognition pack realizes that I have already install the
    SDK 1.7.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3lyYXh3aW5z?=, Oct 26, 2005
  5. Yes I am attempting to develope Tablet PC applications, and doing this under
    x64 version of Windows, but am having troubles installing all the necessary
    components to make that possible for testing.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3lyYXh3aW5z?=, Oct 26, 2005
  6. I'm sure you're right as to the source of the issue. As soon as I hear back,
    I'll post into this thread.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 26, 2005
  7. Here's what I got back. Not quite what I'd hoped, but it does point at the
    issue of 32-bit DLLs.

    "Currently, we do not support the Reco Pack on x64 platforms, as there
    are no 64-bit versions of those DLLs. We understand that some developers
    may still desire to use the 32-bit DLLs on their x64 machines to build
    32-bit apps (and test them in wow64 mode). While this may seem
    technically feasible, it is still unsupported and has not been tested.

    We believe the dialog that is appearing here may be a setup error, with
    expected behavior being a different dialog saying something along the
    lines of "This product is not supported on this operating system"."

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 28, 2005