Tabbrowser extension killed Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by J Taylor, Aug 11, 2004.

  1. J Taylor

    J Taylor Guest

    I hope this is the correct place to ask this...

    Firefox 0.9.3, Windows XP

    Firefox was working just fine, then I installed the tabbrowser extension as
    mentioned in the FAQ:

    http://texturizer.net/firefox/faq.html#newwindow

    Now Firefox won't even start up. I've tried uninstalling Firefox, and then
    reinstalling it and it still won't start up. It comes up with a "window"
    that I can't even close, it says:

    " XML Parsing error:undefined edtity
    Location: chrome://tabextensions/content/initializeDefaultPref.xul
    Line Number 117, Column 3:

    <checkbox id="anotherbinding"
    label="&inition.anotherbinding;"/>

    --^ "

    The only way I get rid of that window is to go ctrl-alt-del and kill
    firefox.exe

    How do I get rid of this, or do I just give up on Firefox?
    J Taylor, Aug 11, 2004

  2. J Taylor wrote:
    > I hope this is the correct place to ask this...
    >
    > Firefox 0.9.3, Windows XP
    >
    > Firefox was working just fine, then I installed the tabbrowser extension as
    > mentioned in the FAQ:
    >
    > http://texturizer.net/firefox/faq.html#newwindow
    >
    > Now Firefox won't even start up. I've tried uninstalling Firefox, and then
    > reinstalling it and it still won't start up. It comes up with a "window"
    > that I can't even close, it says:
    >
    > " XML Parsing error:undefined edtity
    > Location: chrome://tabextensions/content/initializeDefaultPref.xul
    > Line Number 117, Column 3:
    >
    > <checkbox id="anotherbinding"
    > label="&inition.anotherbinding;"/>

    I don't know about the error, but try running Firefox in safemode, then
    in normal mode again. If this doesn't work, you can always boot in safe
    mode and remove TBE (safemode doens't load any extensions).

    There should be an option for safe mode in the start-menu folder you
    installed to (assuming you're running Windows). If not, add -safe-mode
    to the end of your Firefox shortcut (after the quotation marks).
    Phillip Bryant, Aug 11, 2004

  3. J Taylor

    Andreas Guest

    J Taylor wrote:

    > I hope this is the correct place to ask this...
    >
    > Firefox 0.9.3, Windows XP
    >
    > Firefox was working just fine, then I installed the tabbrowser extension as
    > mentioned in the FAQ:
    >
    > http://texturizer.net/firefox/faq.html#newwindow
    >
    > Now Firefox won't even start up. I've tried uninstalling Firefox, and then
    > reinstalling it and it still won't start up. It comes up with a "window"
    > that I can't even close, it says:
    >
    > " XML Parsing error:undefined edtity
    > Location: chrome://tabextensions/content/initializeDefaultPref.xul
    > Line Number 117, Column 3:
    >
    > <checkbox id="anotherbinding"
    > label="&inition.anotherbinding;"/>
    >
    > --^ "
    >
    > The only way I get rid of that window is to go ctrl-alt-del and kill
    > firefox.exe
    >

    > How do I get rid of this, or do I just give up on Firefox?

    Which tabbrowser extension are you talking about? Multizilla
    http://multizilla.mozdev.org/, or Tabbrowser Exenstion (TBE for short)
    http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/_tabextensions.html.en, or another.

    If you're using Multizilla or TBE then there is a problem with the newer
    versions. Advice is to downgrade.

    Andreas

    Andreas, Aug 15, 2004
  4. J Taylor

    mike555 Guest

    "J Taylor" <> wrote in message news:<m2hSc.70602$M95.18925@pd7tw1no>...
    > I hope this is the correct place to ask this...
    >
    > Firefox 0.9.3, Windows XP
    >
    > Firefox was working just fine, then I installed the tabbrowser extension as
    > mentioned in the FAQ:
    >
    > http://texturizer.net/firefox/faq.html#newwindow
    >
    > Now Firefox won't even start up. I've tried uninstalling Firefox, and then
    > reinstalling it and it still won't start up. It comes up with a "window"
    > that I can't even close, it says:
    > --- snip ----

    ==== I suggest starting in safe mode and uninstalling it , then you
    can get " Single Window" ext. it seams to work better ( at least in
    mine) ===
    mike555, Aug 16, 2004