    the ones I've downloaded have one folder treeview on the left, and then
    the details pane is tabbed. I want a separate folder treeview per tab.
    , Jan 11, 2006

  2. On 10 Jan 2006 16:28:25 -0800, wrote:

    >Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows Explorer that has tabbed
    >viewing? I've downloaded a few but they don't do quite what I'm after.

    Have you tried www.trackerv3.com ? It seems like it may do what you
    require.
    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand
    Kristofer Clayton, Jan 11, 2006

  3. Guest

    > Have you tried www.trackerv3.com ? It seems like it may do what you
    > require.

    Hmmm, not bad, I'll give it a go. The only thing I'm not sure about is
    the way there is only one folder treeview, but at least it jumps to the
    appropriate folder when the tabs change.
    , Jan 11, 2006
  4. Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows Explorer that has tabbed
    > viewing? I've downloaded a few but they don't do quite what I'm after.
    >
    > Essentially I want a separate copy of Windows Explorer per tab, but all
    > the ones I've downloaded have one folder treeview on the left, and then
    > the details pane is tabbed. I want a separate folder treeview per tab.

    I use Netcaptor - URL at the obvious. I find it excellent.

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Jan 11, 2006
  5. -=rjh=- Guest

    Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >>Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows Explorer that has tabbed
    >>viewing? I've downloaded a few but they don't do quite what I'm after.
    >>
    >>Essentially I want a separate copy of Windows Explorer per tab, but all
    >>the ones I've downloaded have one folder treeview on the left, and then
    >>the details pane is tabbed. I want a separate folder treeview per tab.

    > I use Netcaptor - URL at the obvious. I find it excellent.

    You've just been confused by Microsoft's illogical naming scheme - Apple
    may have got "Finder" first, but MS didn't have to go and compensate by
    calling everything "Explorer" :)

    The OP was asking about Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer. To
    further confuse matters, the default Windows interface is called
    Explorer, too.
    -=rjh=-, Jan 12, 2006
  6. Guest

    , Jan 30, 2006
  7. David Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > Dave Doe wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> says...
    >>
    >>> Can anyone recommend an alternative to Windows Explorer that has tabbed
    >>> viewing? I've downloaded a few but they don't do quite what I'm after.
    >>>
    >>> Essentially I want a separate copy of Windows Explorer per tab, but all
    >>> the ones I've downloaded have one folder treeview on the left, and then
    >>> the details pane is tabbed. I want a separate folder treeview per tab.

    >> I use Netcaptor - URL at the obvious. I find it excellent.
    >>

    > You've just been confused by Microsoft's illogical naming scheme - Apple
    > may have got "Finder" first, but MS didn't have to go and compensate by
    > calling everything "Explorer" :)
    >
    > The OP was asking about Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer. To
    > further confuse matters, the default Windows interface is called
    > Explorer, too.

    Although since Windows 98 there is very little difference between the
    all three, you'll notice that your windows explorer windows and the
    destkop interface thingy, "Explorer" are all running from the same
    instance of "explorer.exe" and that if you type http://blah or C:\blah
    in the address bars of internet explorer or windows explorer the result
    is almost identical.
    David, Feb 2, 2006