Tab Opening Question

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by R Hickey, Oct 16, 2005.

  1. R Hickey

    R Hickey Guest

    I am having problems opening tabs in FF. I can have tabs open from my
    homepage and then if I open another from bookmarks or whatever, the new
    tab opens IN the tab that is currently open instead of in a new tab to the
    right of the open one(s).

    I installed the 2 extensions "Tabrowser Preferences" and "Tab Links" that
    are supposed to give me more control over my tabs but I have played with
    the different settings in tools>options and in the extenstions but with no
    success.

    I had this problem about 2 months ago and some extension (can't remember
    its name or find it anywhere) fixed the above problem. I recently
    uninstalled all my extenstions to rule out a problem with the FF preloader
    (it didn't help...) and after I re-downloaded and installed the
    extensions, my tab opening problems have returned.

    Any ideas? Maybe I'm just not setting the options properly.

    Thanks in advance,

    Robert

    R Hickey, Oct 16, 2005

  2. R Hickey uitte de volgende tekst op 16/10/2005 17:46:
    > I am having problems opening tabs in FF. I can have tabs open from my
    > homepage and then if I open another from bookmarks or whatever, the new
    > tab opens IN the tab that is currently open instead of in a new tab to the
    > right of the open one(s).

    Seems like the normal behaviour to me. Why don't you just middle-click
    on the bookmark?

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org

    Hendrik Maryns, Oct 16, 2005

  3. R Hickey

    R Hickey Guest

    Hendrik Maryns <> wrote in

    > R Hickey uitte de volgende tekst op 16/10/2005 17:46:
    >> I am having problems opening tabs in FF. I can have tabs open from
    >> my homepage and then if I open another from bookmarks or whatever,
    >> the new tab opens IN the tab that is currently open instead of in a
    >> new tab to the right of the open one(s).

    > Seems like the normal behaviour to me. Why don't you just
    > middle-click on the bookmark?

    Because I would like the existing tabs to stay "live" and available. And
    also because it worked like I want it to work not too long ago and I see
    no reason I can't make it work again. I could get 6 - 8 tabs in the tab
    bar at one time.

    Plus, I don't have a middle button...

    Robert

    R Hickey, Oct 16, 2005
  4. R Hickey wrote:
    > Hendrik Maryns <> wrote in
    >
    >> R Hickey uitte de volgende tekst op 16/10/2005 17:46:
    >>> I am having problems opening tabs in FF. I can have tabs open from
    >>> my homepage and then if I open another from bookmarks or whatever,
    >>> the new tab opens IN the tab that is currently open instead of in a
    >>> new tab to the right of the open one(s).

    >> Seems like the normal behaviour to me. Why don't you just
    >> middle-click on the bookmark?

    > Because I would like the existing tabs to stay "live" and available. And
    > also because it worked like I want it to work not too long ago and I see
    > no reason I can't make it work again. I could get 6 - 8 tabs in the tab
    > bar at one time.
    >
    > Plus, I don't have a middle button...
    >
    > Robert

    There should be a setting in TBP that would fix this, but I don't use
    the extension. Tab Mix Plus does allow you customize where tabs open.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 16, 2005
  5. R Hickey

    mike555 Guest