Tab focus in Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Colonel Blip, Jul 5, 2004.

  1. Colonel Blip

    Colonel Blip Guest

    I had to reinstall Firefox and something has changed that I can not find. To
    illustrate, I track eBay items. When I have an item I've searched for and
    click on the "Track Item" link, in now acts as if the tab is locked and
    always opens a new tab. In prior install, when I did this the link was
    opened on the existing tab. I have Tab Browser Extensions but can find no
    setting there that has this thing confused.

    Help anyone? Thanks.

    --
    Colonel Blip

    Remove "nospam" when replying.
    Colonel Blip, Jul 5, 2004

  2. Colonel Blip

    [KS] Guest

    Colonel Blip wrote:
    > I had to reinstall Firefox and something has changed that I can not find. To
    > illustrate, I track eBay items. When I have an item I've searched for and
    > click on the "Track Item" link, in now acts as if the tab is locked and
    > always opens a new tab. In prior install, when I did this the link was
    > opened on the existing tab. I have Tab Browser Extensions but can find no
    > setting there that has this thing confused.
    >
    > Help anyone? Thanks.

    Just a suggestion. Try uninstalling TBE and see if it works. TBE makes
    lot of changes in Firefox code and sometimes causes problems. For me it
    didn't let me start more than one instance of Firefox/Mozilla at a time.
    After removing TBE everything went back to normal.

    Good Luck.
    [KS], Jul 6, 2004

  3. Colonel Blip

    Colonel Blip Guest

    Found solution in TBE prefs - Advanced, unchecked Links which refer to other
    sites and that solve problem.

    "[KS]" <boneywasawarriorvayayix_NOSPAM@NOSPAM_yahoo.com> wrote in
    message news:ccdm14$

    Colonel Blip, Jul 6, 2004