    A DECT phone seems to work ok.

    Can anyone advise..?

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 7, 2005

  2. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > A friend has just bought a Netgear TA612V for use with Sipgate and it
    > all works fine apart from a strange problem that I've never come across
    > before.
    >
    > When he plugs a normal wired phone in, using the supplied RJ11-BT
    > adaptor, the phone rings continuously, although not with a full ring,
    > more a sort of half ring. I haven't heard it directly so can only
    > describe it as he did to me over the phone..!
    >
    > A DECT phone seems to work ok.
    >
    > Can anyone advise..?
    >
    > Ivor

    It's sorted now, it was a duff RJ11-BT adaptor. It was the one supplied
    with the TA612V so be aware if you buy one of these to check the adaptor
    works..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 7, 2005

  3. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> A friend has just bought a Netgear TA612V for use with Sipgate and it
    >> all works fine apart from a strange problem that I've never come across
    >> before.
    >>
    >> When he plugs a normal wired phone in, using the supplied RJ11-BT
    >> adaptor, the phone rings continuously, although not with a full ring,
    >> more a sort of half ring. I haven't heard it directly so can only
    >> describe it as he did to me over the phone..!
    >>
    >> A DECT phone seems to work ok.
    >>
    >> Can anyone advise..?
    >>
    >> Ivor

    > It's sorted now, it was a duff RJ11-BT adaptor. It was the one supplied
    > with the TA612V so be aware if you buy one of these to check the adaptor
    > works..!
    >
    > Ivor

    Further information should anyone else come across this, the ringing
    capacitor fitted in the RJ11-BT adaptor was an electrolytic type (why..?!)
    and was wired the wrong way round..! Reversed it and all was ok..!)

    Faulty batch, perhaps..? Or a dim assembly operator..?!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 8, 2005