T1 LINES

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?Y29sbGlucw==?=, Jan 6, 2005.

  1. WHAT ARE T1 LINES . HOW COST EFFECTIVE ARE THEY.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29sbGlucw==?=, Jan 6, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Y29sbGlucw==?=

    Nerd32768 Guest

    "collins" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > WHAT ARE T1 LINES . HOW COST EFFECTIVE ARE THEY.

    www.google.com

    (moderately fast internet/wan connections)
    (overpriced and underspeed)

    Nerd32768, Jan 6, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Y29sbGlucw==?=

    Dave Guest

    "collins" <> wrote in message
    > WHAT ARE T1 LINES . HOW COST EFFECTIVE ARE THEY.

    They're great, you should get one. I used mine as a replacement for the
    washing line that broke a while back. The latest T1 line I have whistles
    louder in the wind than the previous washing line and so I might try another
    instead. I think it depends on how windy it is where you are though, hence
    you might have better luck than I have.

    Dave, Jan 6, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Y29sbGlucw==?=

    Kurt Guest

    They are also great for dog runs!

    But seriously, they are 1.5Mbps digital phone circuits. they are logically
    "point-to-point", but not really. Both ends terminate at local CO. So a T1
    connection between sites actually requires a circut for each site. The
    pricing depends on how far apart the sites are, who the carrier is, and
    whether they can take you all the way without having to hand off to other
    carriers. You'll have to call you TSP to get a quote. How cost effective it
    is depends on what you want to use it for. Pretty fast for Internet. Dog
    slow for Inter-LAN connections if you're moving much data.

    ....kurt

    Kurt, Jan 7, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Y29sbGlucw==?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 7, 2005
  6. Rowdy Yates wrote:
    > "=?Utf-8?B?Y29sbGlucw==?=" <> wrote
    > in news::
    >
    >> WHAT ARE T1 LINES . HOW COST EFFECTIVE ARE THEY.

    > HI! WHAT ARE T1TT1ES? ARE THEY LIKE A T1?

    You're in rare form today.

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jan 7, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Y29sbGlucw==?=

    Mike T. Guest

    "Rowdy Yates" <rowdy_yates_mcngpATyahooDOTcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > "=?Utf-8?B?Y29sbGlucw==?=" <> wrote in
    >
    >> WHAT ARE T1 LINES . HOW COST EFFECTIVE ARE THEY.

    > HI! WHAT ARE T1TT1ES? ARE THEY LIKE A T1?

    Wouldn't títtìes be T2s?

    --
    Mike T.
    MCNGP #XLI