    in on it but the program ati supplies is terrible. I hate it
    completely. Anyone know of any third party t.v. in programs that would
    work?
    TheBlueFuzzy, Apr 17, 2007

  2. TheBlueFuzzy

    Robert Baer Guest

    TheBlueFuzzy wrote:

    > I have an ATI radeon x850 xt, it has t.v. in. I want to use the t.v.
    > in on it but the program ati supplies is terrible. I hate it
    > completely. Anyone know of any third party t.v. in programs that would
    > work?

    There have been variations of that program over a period of time.
    You fail to specifywhat exactly you dislike about it.
    It will run under Win98SE, but the efficency of disk handling is less
    than that of Win2K, so there can be short dropouts in the results if
    using Win98SE.
    As far as quality of the saved video goes, noe that many formats and
    data rates are available; anything with a data rate greater than
    1.5Gbytes/hr will have serious dropout problems, and the perceived
    quality will be virtually identical to using WMV (about 1Gby/hr), which
    is the best found.

    If you fell for the XP or Vista "upgrade" BS, well, what can i say?
    Have not tried the progs on either OS, as i refuse to use such pigs.
    Robert Baer, Apr 18, 2007