T stick won't dial

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Boppy, Nov 30, 2009.

  1. Boppy

    Boppy Guest

    Hi guys, I'm having difficulty usiing my Telecom wireless broadband
    modem - this is the T stick that plugs into the USB port to give you
    wireless broadband through the mobile network.It's just under a year
    old.

    What was happening was that plugging the device in, Windows (vista)
    only saw it as a removable drive. So with the advice of Telecom's help
    desk I installed the latest Sierra software and it still didn't
    connect.

    So, uninstall and reinstall ... Under Progs/features, no Sierra
    software shows up. Have set a system restore point.

    I went into the registry to manually remove the two obvious Sierra
    entries under Software but shied away from others that I wasn't sure
    about even though they mentioned Sierra.

    Now when I plug it in, the Sierra software installs, I get the "device
    installed correcly" message and then Watcher opens up and initialises.
    THen after about 3 minutes of "initialise" it says "no device
    detected" and the autoplay prompt opens up asking if I want to
    download pictures, open device to view files, etc.

    DJuice told me to go to a techician - I've taken my laptop and the
    device to a technician who threw up his hands in horror and said I
    would have to reinstall windows.

    Other T sticks don't work either. I only have the one laptop so
    haven't tried this one in other computers.

    I'm paying something like $50 per month and can't even use the device.

    I'd be really grateful if someone could steer me in the right
    direction to get this going.

    Thanks in advance,
    Jo

    Boppy, Nov 30, 2009