    fancy sitting around twiddling my thumbs while they fix it.

    ---
    James

    James Sleeman, Sep 19, 2004

  2. James Sleeman

    Karen Parker Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:03:09 +1200, James Sleeman
    <> wrote:

    >Looks like T/Clear's or maybe just Paradise's transparent proxy on
    >international port 80 traffic is somewhat dead (see "Where's Google"
    >thread).
    >
    >Anybody got an open proxy address handy on a port other than 80, don't
    >fancy sitting around twiddling my thumbs while they fix it.
    >
    >---
    >James

    So how is it I can get to OZZ.

    Karen Parker, Sep 19, 2004

  3. James Sleeman

    Wellygoggles Guest

    "Karen Parker" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:03:09 +1200, James Sleeman
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Looks like T/Clear's or maybe just Paradise's transparent proxy on
    > >international port 80 traffic is somewhat dead (see "Where's Google"
    > >thread).
    > >
    > >Anybody got an open proxy address handy on a port other than 80, don't
    > >fancy sitting around twiddling my thumbs while they fix it.
    > >
    > >---
    > >James

    > So how is it I can get to OZZ.

    I'm marooned on a dessert island (or is that a desert island?) Paradise
    cable dead as a dodo

    Wellygoggles, Sep 19, 2004
  4. James Sleeman

    Bret Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:26:48 +1200, Karen Parker
    < wrote:

    >On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:03:09 +1200, James Sleeman
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Looks like T/Clear's or maybe just Paradise's transparent proxy on
    >>international port 80 traffic is somewhat dead (see "Where's Google"
    >>thread).
    >>
    >>Anybody got an open proxy address handy on a port other than 80, don't
    >>fancy sitting around twiddling my thumbs while they fix it.
    >>
    >>---
    >>James

    >So how is it I can get to OZZ.

    Perhaps you clicked your heels together, no sorry that's how you get
    back from Oz.

    Bret, Sep 19, 2004
  5. Re: T/Clear transparent proxy croaked, anybody got an open proxyhandy?

    Karen Parker wrote:

    > So how is it I can get to OZZ.

    No idea, perhaps australian ip space is handled by a different proxy, or
    not handled by proxy at all.

    Most international sites over port 80 are still doa, while other ports
    are open and functioning (listening to streamed radio, have several SSH
    connections open, and using http over other ports on a few servers I
    manage that do that).

    ---
    James

    James Sleeman, Sep 19, 2004
  6. James Sleeman

    Bret Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:38:15 +1200, "Wellygoggles"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm marooned on a dessert island (or is that a desert island?)

    Depends on whether you are going to eat it or not.

    Bret, Sep 19, 2004
  7. James Sleeman

    Wellygoggles Guest

    "Bret" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:38:15 +1200, "Wellygoggles"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I'm marooned on a dessert island (or is that a desert island?)

    > Depends on whether you are going to eat it or not.

    Floating islands are yummy!

    Wellygoggles, Sep 19, 2004
  8. Re: T/Clear transparent proxy croaked, anybody got an open proxyhandy?

    James Sleeman wrote:
    > Looks like T/Clear's or maybe just Paradise's transparent proxy on
    > international port 80 traffic is somewhat dead

    Seems to be breathing again now.

    ---
    James

    James Sleeman, Sep 19, 2004
  9. In article <4G63d.4199$> in nz.comp on Sun, 19
    Sep 2004 15:03:09 +1200, James Sleeman <>
    says...
    > Looks like T/Clear's or maybe just Paradise's transparent proxy on
    > international port 80 traffic is somewhat dead (see "Where's Google"
    > thread).
    >
    > Anybody got an open proxy address handy on a port other than 80, don't
    > fancy sitting around twiddling my thumbs while they fix it.

    Should be OK now but it was out earlier.

    Patrick Dunford, Sep 19, 2004
  10. James Sleeman

    Invisible Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:01:04 +1200, Patrick Dunford
    <> wrote:

    >In article <4G63d.4199$> in nz.comp on Sun, 19
    >Sep 2004 15:03:09 +1200, James Sleeman <>
    >says...
    >> Looks like T/Clear's or maybe just Paradise's transparent proxy on
    >> international port 80 traffic is somewhat dead (see "Where's Google"
    >> thread).
    >>
    >> Anybody got an open proxy address handy on a port other than 80, don't
    >> fancy sitting around twiddling my thumbs while they fix it.

    >Should be OK now but it was out earlier.

    I really like how they keep their users informed of these outages, not.

    Invisible, Sep 19, 2004
  11. James Sleeman

    Karen Parker Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:40:16 +1200, James Sleeman
    <> wrote:

    >Karen Parker wrote:
    >>
    >> So how is it I can get to OZZ.

    >No idea, perhaps australian ip space is handled by a different proxy, or
    >not handled by proxy at all.
    >
    >Most international sites over port 80 are still doa, while other ports
    >are open and functioning (listening to streamed radio, have several SSH
    >connections open, and using http over other ports on a few servers I
    >manage that do that).
    >
    >---
    >James

    I can get to a number of web sites like The.Register CD Freaks etc, but not
    US ones..

    Karen Parker, Sep 19, 2004
  12. In article <> in nz.comp on
    Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:01:31 +1200, Invisible <> says...
    > On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:01:04 +1200, Patrick Dunford
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <4G63d.4199$> in nz.comp on Sun, 19
    > >Sep 2004 15:03:09 +1200, James Sleeman <>
    > >says...
    > >> Looks like T/Clear's or maybe just Paradise's transparent proxy on
    > >> international port 80 traffic is somewhat dead (see "Where's Google"
    > >> thread).
    > >>
    > >> Anybody got an open proxy address handy on a port other than 80, don't
    > >> fancy sitting around twiddling my thumbs while they fix it.

    > >Should be OK now but it was out earlier.

    > I really like how they keep their users informed of these outages, not.

    I still have the Xtra account, use a couple of hours each month.

    Patrick Dunford, Sep 19, 2004
  13. James Sleeman

    joe_90 Guest

    Invisible wrote:
    > On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:01:04 +1200, Patrick Dunford
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>In article <4G63d.4199$> in nz.comp on Sun, 19
    >>Sep 2004 15:03:09 +1200, James Sleeman <>
    >>says...
    >>
    >>>Looks like T/Clear's or maybe just Paradise's transparent proxy on
    >>>international port 80 traffic is somewhat dead (see "Where's Google"
    >>>thread).
    >>>
    >>>Anybody got an open proxy address handy on a port other than 80, don't
    >>>fancy sitting around twiddling my thumbs while they fix it.

    >>Should be OK now but it was out earlier.

    > I really like how they keep their users informed of these outages, not.

    They have a 'network status' web page, but have not updated it for 2
    years. You'd think it would be in their interest to use it as it would
    reduce the number of support calls, but then again perhaps everyone it
    too apathetic and just sit back waiting for something to happen.

    Have you tried emailing them to complain? The bigger the voice the more
    likely it is to be heard.

    joe_90, Sep 19, 2004