    virus and error checking, and removing temp files, cache, system
    registry analysis, etc.

    Thanx!

    Herb, Dec 30, 2009

  2. Herb wrote:
    > Using: TBird v3 and Windows XP (and Firefox 3.0.16)
    >
    > Only recent change to 'puter is that I've allowed it to upload all
    > Windows XP security/other updates.
    >
    > Any ideas on what to look for, or clean-up within T-Bird?
    >
    > All the regular computer maintenance has been done including, defrag,
    > virus and error checking, and removing temp files, cache, system
    > registry analysis, etc.
    >
    > Thanx!

    compact the folders [under File], and if that doesn't
    help, then close TB and delete all the *.msf files from
    the TB profile. Reopen TB and try that. Any differences?

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 30, 2009

  3. Herb

    Herb Guest

    On 12/30/2009 11:27 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Herb wrote:
    >> Using: TBird v3 and Windows XP (and Firefox 3.0.16)
    >>
    >> Only recent change to 'puter is that I've allowed it to upload all
    >> Windows XP security/other updates.
    >>
    >> Any ideas on what to look for, or clean-up within T-Bird?
    >>
    >> All the regular computer maintenance has been done including, defrag,
    >> virus and error checking, and removing temp files, cache, system
    >> registry analysis, etc.
    >>
    >> Thanx!

    > compact the folders [under File], and if that doesn't help, then close
    > TB and delete all the *.msf files from the TB profile. Reopen TB and
    > try that. Any differences?

    Thank you. I will report back results after I get a few
    medium/large-sized emails emails to see how TBird acts.

    :)

    Herb, Dec 30, 2009
  4. Herb

    Herb Guest

    On 12/30/2009 12:04 PM, Herb wrote:

    > On 12/30/2009 11:27 AM, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Herb wrote:
    >>> Using: TBird v3 and Windows XP (and Firefox 3.0.16)
    >>>
    >>> Only recent change to 'puter is that I've allowed it to upload all
    >>> Windows XP security/other updates.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas on what to look for, or clean-up within T-Bird?
    >>>
    >>> All the regular computer maintenance has been done including,
    >>> defrag, virus and error checking, and removing temp files, cache,
    >>> system registry analysis, etc.
    >>>
    >>> Thanx!

    >> compact the folders [under File], and if that doesn't help, then
    >> close TB and delete all the *.msf files from the TB profile. Reopen
    >> TB and try that. Any differences?
    >>

    > Thank you. I will report back results after I get a few
    > medium/large-sized emails emails to see how TBird acts.
    >
    > :)

    Much better now -- thanx!

    --
    Herb @ Mid-Atlantic Weather Station