    Thanks!
    Liam
    , Nov 22, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Did a newsgroup search and didn't come up with any hits. If there's
    > already a thread, please let me know.
    >
    > I'm using Thunderbird 1.0.7 in Fedora Core 3. And at some point it
    > stopped saving my new filter rules. All the rules I made early on stay
    > and work, but new rules I make work only so long as I don't restart the
    > program. When I do, all the new rules disappear.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks!
    > Liam

    Do you have read/write access to all files in your profile?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 22, 2005

  3. Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Did a newsgroup search and didn't come up with any hits. If there's
    > > already a thread, please let me know.
    > >
    > > I'm using Thunderbird 1.0.7 in Fedora Core 3. And at some point it
    > > stopped saving my new filter rules. All the rules I made early on stay
    > > and work, but new rules I make work only so long as I don't restart the
    > > program. When I do, all the new rules disappear.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > > Thanks!
    > > Liam
    > >

    > Do you have read/write access to all files in your profile?
    >
    > Lee

    Good question. in my home directory where I assume it's all stored, my
    ..thunderbird dir has me as owner and 664 permissions in all its folders
    and subdirectories.
    Thanks for the reply!
    Liam
    , Nov 22, 2005
  4. wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Did a newsgroup search and didn't come up with any hits. If there's
    >>>already a thread, please let me know.
    >>>
    >>>I'm using Thunderbird 1.0.7 in Fedora Core 3. And at some point it
    >>>stopped saving my new filter rules. All the rules I made early on stay
    >>>and work, but new rules I make work only so long as I don't restart the
    >>>program. When I do, all the new rules disappear.
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas?
    >>>Thanks!
    >>>Liam
    >>>

    >>Do you have read/write access to all files in your profile?
    >>
    >>Lee

    > Good question. in my home directory where I assume it's all stored, my
    > .thunderbird dir has me as owner and 664 permissions in all its folders
    > and subdirectories.
    > Thanks for the reply!
    > Liam

    You could try renaming msgFilterRules.dat. Note this will disable all
    your filters, so you would be starting over.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 23, 2005
  5. Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > wrote:

    > >>Do you have read/write access to all files in your profile?
    > >>
    > >>Lee

    > > Good question. in my home directory where I assume it's all stored, my
    > > .thunderbird dir has me as owner and 664 permissions in all its folders
    > > and subdirectories.
    > > Thanks for the reply!
    > > Liam
    > >

    > You could try renaming msgFilterRules.dat. Note this will disable all
    > your filters, so you would be starting over.

    Thanks for the tip! Recreating the existing rules once isn't near as
    bad as recreating a few every time I restart TBird. =)
    -Liam
    , Nov 23, 2005