T-Bird feature request (or search for other mailer)

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by aioe-user, Feb 3, 2007.

  1. aioe-user

    aioe-user Guest

    I'd like to be able to view tagged usenet threads only. Is this possible?

    Also, I have a need for unencrypted directory type file handling instead of
    flatfiles as an option. Actually I'd even need a way to store files in real
    directories in such a way that they would also date-sort when listed in a
    filemanager.

    All I can do now is save files out as .eml to some folder while prepending
    or appending a sortable date to the filename. For example, a file with
    subject xyz as xyz.eml (of which there might be quite a few) I'll save as

    07-01jan-24-1924z-xyz.eml

    or as

    xyz-07-01jan-24-1924z.eml

    and even then if I click such a file to open with a mailer Kmail opens it but
    not Thunderbird.

    Please POST.
    aioe-user, Feb 3, 2007