    other junk that is attached. With Tbird, I have been unable to do that.
    Will someone please tell me how they do it, or whether it is a problem
    with others as well? Thanks,

    Ralph, Aug 29, 2007

  2. Ralph wrote:
    > I am a very new user to Thunderbird 2006, having used Firefox 2006 (and
    > earlier) for sometime now. But have been unable to figure out how to
    > edit an email that I have rcv'd, and now want to forward to someone,
    > before I hit the send button. Normally, I choose to delete all prior
    > names and addresses off the msg I intend to forward, along with any
    > other junk that is attached. With Tbird, I have been unable to do that.
    > Will someone please tell me how they do it, or whether it is a problem
    > with others as well? Thanks,

    click on Tools, Options, Composition, General tab, and at
    the top regarding Forward Messages, select Inline from the
    drop down. Does that solve the problem?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 29, 2007

  3. Ralph

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ralph wrote:
    > I am a very new user to Thunderbird 2006, having used Firefox 2006 (and
    > earlier) for sometime now. But have been unable to figure out how to
    > edit an email that I have rcv'd, and now want to forward to someone,
    > before I hit the send button. Normally, I choose to delete all prior
    > names and addresses off the msg I intend to forward, along with any
    > other junk that is attached. With Tbird, I have been unable to do that.
    > Will someone please tell me how they do it, or whether it is a problem
    > with others as well? Thanks,

    Highlight the message in the subject pane and click the Forward button
    on the toolbar. Or click Message - Forward on the menu bar. The
    message will open in a compose window. Adjust contents as desired.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Aug 29, 2007