  1. Does anyone know of an ITSP that supports T.38 in the UK.

    The only one I can find is http://www.draytel.org/, and I'm wondering if
    anyone knows if they support the Myson Century T.38 software.

    Thomas Kenyon, Apr 19, 2006

  2. Thomas Kenyon

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in
    message news:3Al1g.41373$
    > Does anyone know of an ITSP that supports T.38 in the UK.
    >
    > The only one I can find is http://www.draytel.org/, and
    > I'm wondering if anyone knows if they support the Myson
    > Century T.38 software.

    Doesn't Gradwell support it..? I'd be surprised if they didn't; fax is
    certainly possible on their service anyway.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 19, 2006

  3. On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:51:45 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in
    >message news:3Al1g.41373$
    >> Does anyone know of an ITSP that supports T.38 in the UK.
    >>
    >> The only one I can find is http://www.draytel.org/, and
    >> I'm wondering if anyone knows if they support the Myson
    >> Century T.38 software.

    >Doesn't Gradwell support it..? I'd be surprised if they didn't; fax is
    >certainly possible on their service anyway.

    Interestingly, a major switch manufacturer pitching to us for a big
    contract mentioned that T.38 was very iffy, mostly because of
    fuzzyness in the design and implementation of the modems in faxes.

    They went on to say that using G.711 seemed much more reliable.

    Regards,
    Harry.

    Harry Broomhall, Apr 19, 2006
  4. Harry Broomhall wrote:

    > Interestingly, a major switch manufacturer pitching to us for a big
    > contract mentioned that T.38 was very iffy, mostly because of
    > fuzzyness in the design and implementation of the modems in faxes.
    >
    > They went on to say that using G.711 seemed much more reliable.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Harry.

    There's been a lot of talk regarding Xerox and Cannon fax machines being
    very strange in this regard, sounds peculiar though.

    Thomas Kenyon, Apr 19, 2006
  5. Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in
    > message news:3Al1g.41373$
    >
    >>Does anyone know of an ITSP that supports T.38 in the UK.
    >>
    >>The only one I can find is http://www.draytel.org/, and
    >>I'm wondering if anyone knows if they support the Myson
    >>Century T.38 software.

    > Doesn't Gradwell support it..? I'd be surprised if they didn't; fax is
    > certainly possible on their service anyway.

    Yes. I'd have thought that anyone using cisco kit supports it.

    peter

    Peter Gradwell, Apr 19, 2006
  6. Peter Gradwell wrote:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in
    >> message news:3Al1g.41373$
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know of an ITSP that supports T.38 in the UK.
    >>>
    >>> The only one I can find is http://www.draytel.org/, and
    >>> I'm wondering if anyone knows if they support the Myson
    >>> Century T.38 software.

    >> Doesn't Gradwell support it..? I'd be surprised if they didn't; fax is
    >> certainly possible on their service anyway.
    >>

    > Yes. I'd have thought that anyone using cisco kit supports it.

    Then get yourself on the confirmed T.38 providers list on voip-info.org :).

    There aren't any in the UK on there.

    Thomas Kenyon, Apr 19, 2006
  7. Thomas Kenyon

    JC Guest

    On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:15:33 +0100, Harry Broomhall
    <> wrote:

    > Interestingly, a major switch manufacturer pitching to us for a big
    >contract mentioned that T.38 was very iffy, mostly because of
    >fuzzyness in the design and implementation of the modems in faxes.
    >
    > They went on to say that using G.711 seemed much more reliable.

    I can see that with a low latency LAN, FAX using G.711 should be
    possible, but how does it fair with a varying latency or transatlantic
    internet connection?

    Rgds
    Jonathan
    Free SIP VoIP accounts at www.kcip.com