    development on the Windows platform?

    Thanks,
    Tim
    Revtim, Apr 11, 2005

  2. "Revtim" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anybody know of a good T.38 FAX-over-IP stack/api for use with C++
    > development on the Windows platform?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tim

    Here is one link that I found on Google, although I've never it. We
    developed our own T.38 protocol implementation here.

    http://www.netbricks.com/products_and_applications/fax_over_ip.htm
    James Calivar, Apr 12, 2005

  3. Revtim

    Tim Guest

    Tim, Apr 12, 2005
  4. Revtim

    Tim Guest

    Well, netbricks has failed to repsond to my query, so I must assume
    they don't want my business.

    Any other suggestions, anybody?

    Thanks,
    Tim
    Tim, Apr 18, 2005
  5. "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > Well, netbricks has failed to repsond to my query, so I must assume
    > they don't want my business.
    >
    > Any other suggestions, anybody?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tim

    What exactly is it that you're trying to do?

    James
    James Calivar, Apr 18, 2005
  6. Revtim

    Tim Guest

    James Calivar wrote:

    > What exactly is it that you're trying to do?
    >
    > James

    I need to build a T.38 FAX-over-IP solution, using a Windows USB device
    with an analog phone port (FX0) which the user will plug a standard
    machine FAX into.

    Thanks,
    Tim
    Tim, Apr 19, 2005
  7. "Tim" <> wrote in message

    > James Calivar wrote:
    > >
    > > What exactly is it that you're trying to do?
    > >
    > > James

    > I need to build a T.38 FAX-over-IP solution, using a Windows USB device
    > with an analog phone port (FX0) which the user will plug a standard
    > machine FAX into.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Tim

    Understood. At my workplace we developed our own T.38 stack in-house. I'm
    not too familiar with any off the shelf solutions. I just Googled for the
    link I gave you before.
    James Calivar, Apr 20, 2005
  8. Revtim

    Tim Guest

    James Calivar wrote:
    > "Tim" <> wrote in message
    >
    > Understood. At my workplace we developed our own T.38 stack

    in-house. I'm
    > not too familiar with any off the shelf solutions. I just Googled

    for the
    > link I gave you before.

    That's cool, I appreciate you giving me the link.

    Actually, NETBRICKS have since responded to my query, and we're
    communicating back and forth to see if they will meet my needs.

    If anybody has any more suggestions/options for me to look into, I'd
    still appreciate it. I don't know yet if NETBRICKS is adequate, or if
    I can get the funding to purchase it.

    Thanks again,
    Tim
    Tim, Apr 21, 2005
  9. "Tim" <> wrote in message

    > James Calivar wrote:
    > > "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Understood. At my workplace we developed our own T.38 stack

    > in-house. I'm
    > > not too familiar with any off the shelf solutions. I just Googled

    > for the
    > > link I gave you before.

    > That's cool, I appreciate you giving me the link.
    >
    > Actually, NETBRICKS have since responded to my query, and we're
    > communicating back and forth to see if they will meet my needs.
    >
    > If anybody has any more suggestions/options for me to look into, I'd
    > still appreciate it. I don't know yet if NETBRICKS is adequate, or if
    > I can get the funding to purchase it.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Tim

    Well, you can try to do it yourself, but that takes (1) time, (2) money, (3)
    persisitence. The big PITA as far as T.38 is concerned is the ASN.1
    encoding. Whoever came up with that brilliant idea in the standards
    meetings ought to be shot.
    James Calivar, Apr 21, 2005
  10. Revtim

    Tim Guest

    Tim wrote:
    > If anybody has any more suggestions/options for me to look into, I'd
    > still appreciate it. I don't know yet if NETBRICKS is adequate, or

    if
    > I can get the funding to purchase it.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Tim

    FYI, free/open source solutions are preferred.

    Tim
    Tim, Apr 21, 2005
  11. Revtim

    Tim Guest

    James Calivar wrote:

    > Well, you can try to do it yourself, but that takes (1) time, (2)

    money, (3)
    > persisitence. The big PITA as far as T.38 is concerned is the ASN.1
    > encoding. Whoever came up with that brilliant idea in the standards
    > meetings ought to be shot.

    Yeah, I'm trying to avoid that... With my level of experience it will
    likely take me a LONG time to do myself.

    Thanks,
    Tim
    Tim, Apr 21, 2005
  12. "James Calivar" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > Well, you can try to do it yourself, but that takes (1) time, (2) money,
    > (3)
    > persisitence. The big PITA as far as T.38 is concerned is the ASN.1
    > encoding. Whoever came up with that brilliant idea in the standards
    > meetings ought to be shot.

    Actually it IS a brilliant idea. Take that from a software company which
    has implemented H.323 and SIP. The text-encoding of SIP is a pain
    in the a**. With the ASN.1, you can either take an existing ASN.1
    compiler or build one yourself and just compile a c/c++ encoder/decoder
    right from the ASN.1 source. This way you will likely get much more
    stable code than building by hand - which is the only option for SIP.

    And this shows - I have seen far more SIP-stacks which are terribly
    implemented than H.323 ones...

    Tobias
    Tobias Erichsen, Apr 25, 2005