    stupid thing something about compression . So Now I am ready to install win
    me BUT when I boot the machine up with the cd and type in setup from the
    retore disk it says this program cannot be run in MS DOS mode so What now??
    Mikey, May 5, 2004

  2. Mikey

    colin Guest

    Mikey <> wrote in message
    news:Xns94E0B515C3FD9dehibsadalsuudyahooc@216.148.227.77...
    > Okay I finally got it to where I can start to install win me I know I know
    > Win ME sucks on the emachines But I tried to install win 98 but sat on the
    > disk and it no good any more and win 95 will not install because of some
    > stupid thing something about compression . So Now I am ready to install

    win
    > me BUT when I boot the machine up with the cd and type in setup from the
    > retore disk it says this program cannot be run in MS DOS mode so What

    now??

    at your dosprompt cd (change directory) into the directory that contains the
    winme .cab files, and there should be a setup.exe file there.
    colin, May 6, 2004

  3. Mikey

    Mikey Guest

    I have looked for the winme files ont the restore disk and have not found
    them Somethng is telling me that Emachine did not include that disk with me
    system
    Will look more but I am not expecting anything to come from it Plus the
    tech I talked to from Emachine doesn't know what he is talking about
    Mikey, May 6, 2004
  4. Mikey

    ProfGene Guest

    Are you sure it is a full install disk and not an upgrade disk? Full
    install disks run from DOS and you should be able to boot to the disk in DOS
    by setting the bios so the CDrom drive is the first boot choice. Full
    install disks of ME,98, and95 run from DOS.

    ProfGene, May 10, 2004