    Does anyone know of the Systemax system sold by Tiger Direct.Com.From their
    website they seem to be a fairly good machine at a reasonable price.Any help
    would be appreciated. Thanks
    Stanley, Dec 18, 2004

  2. Stanley

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 16:03:54 -0500, Stanley wrote:

    > Does anyone know of the Systemax system sold by Tiger Direct.Com.From
    > their website they seem to be a fairly good machine at a reasonable
    > price.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

    Last review I heard, yes. Read the specs carefully. Make sure it will
    perform to the level you need and is capable of future upgrades or
    changes.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152
    JTJersey, Dec 19, 2004

  3. Stanley

    Thor Guest

    yes they are pretty good machines. I don't live far from where they are
    built and I used to work there before they were bought by Systemax.

    Thor, Dec 19, 2004
  4. Stanley

    Plato Guest

    Thor wrote:

    > yes they are pretty good machines. I don't live far from where they are
    > built and I used to work there before they were bought by Systemax.

    So your holy spirit is in every Systemax.
    Plato, Dec 20, 2004
  5. Stanley

    Thor Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Thor wrote:
    >>
    >> yes they are pretty good machines. I don't live far from where they are
    >> built and I used to work there before they were bought by Systemax.

    > So your holy spirit is in every Systemax.

    LOL! well not really. I left when it was still a privately owned local
    company. It was bought out by Systemax a few years later and massively
    updated and expanded in terms of production lines, etc. But I know many
    people who still work there (and heard the gripes during the growing pains
    and changes). They still maintain a reseller distribution division as well,
    and the custom configured machines I sell go down the same production lines
    as Systemax machines. I toured the plant back in 2001. Pretty impressive
    compared to what it was when I was still working there, and the quality has
    improved exponentially. In the early years before systemax, I sometimes had
    systems with incorrect parts, or something else wrong to deal with when it
    arrived at my place. I bet I haven't had to request a part replacement for
    something DOA or incorrect in over 3 years, and the software configs are
    rock solid these days. Before, I regularly had to tweak them. The only thing
    that bugs me about them now is because they are so much bigger than they
    used to be, they have warehouses in several states, so instead of all my
    peripherals parts, etc. coming from just one place an hour away (which
    resulted in next day UPS ground service), now it takes 2-3 days for me to
    get parts shipped regular ground, because they may be shipped from PA or IL,
    etc. or they will be drop-shipped straight from the peripheral
    manufacturer's warehouse. The Systemax manufacturing plant is pretty cool
    though. Out in the middle of nowhere, with nothing but cornfields and cows
    around it. ;-)
    Thor, Dec 20, 2004
  6. Stanley

    Yu Jiu Meng Guest

    Thor, <>, the jerking, runty bum-bailey, and manager in charge
    of the acid vats, beefed:

    > Pretty impressive compared to what it was when I was still working there,
    > and the quality has improved exponentially.

    Your ability to discern related events is as up the shit as the "technical"
    advice you dole out.

    --
    Registered Linux User: #344402
    Akhenaten: Registered Linux Machine: #235500
    Yu Jiu Meng, Dec 20, 2004
  7. Stanley

    Plato Guest

    Thor wrote:

    > manufacturer's warehouse. The Systemax manufacturing plant is pretty cool
    > though. Out in the middle of nowhere, with nothing but cornfields and cows
    > around it. ;-)

    The CCC district eh? corn,cows,computers

    Bet the local agricultural extention service puts signs on front of the
    pc plant also just like they put those numbered signs along the road
    next to fields of corn so they can keep track of their genetic progress
    for the engineered varities.
    Plato, Dec 21, 2004
  8. Stanley

    Thor Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Thor wrote:
    >>
    >> manufacturer's warehouse. The Systemax manufacturing plant is pretty cool
    >> though. Out in the middle of nowhere, with nothing but cornfields and
    >> cows
    >> around it. ;-)

    > The CCC district eh? corn,cows,computers
    >
    > Bet the local agricultural extention service puts signs on front of the
    > pc plant also just like they put those numbered signs along the road
    > next to fields of corn so they can keep track of their genetic progress
    > for the engineered varities.

    LOL! We grow some good PCs in these here parts.
    Thor, Dec 21, 2004