    could some1 please explain to me, exactly what is system32 in the windows
    folder of the c: drive

    thanks

    Andy, Jul 4, 2007

  2. Andy

    Cub Guest

    Cub, Jul 4, 2007

  3. Andy

    doS Guest

    its junk delete it, by the way,I love your born free song

    doS, Jul 4, 2007
  4. Andy

    Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote:

    >hi
    >
    >could some1 please explain to me, exactly what is system32 in the windows
    >folder of the c: drive

    It's a file directory (path). Its better to have a directory that
    holds files needed by the OS or user in one or two directories (so
    they can be maintained and in one place(less clutter))

    System32 holds most of the programs and DLLs Windows calls.

    When you call for a windows program to run, it searches it's path to
    run the program, if it's not in the path it's not going to run.

    My path:
    PATH=E:\WINDOWS\system32;E:\WINDOWS;E:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM;E:\Program
    Files\UlltaEdit;F/:BIN

    When a windows program (not a third party like firefox) is called to
    run; those paths are checked for the program.

    Notice I have UlltaEdit and BIN in the path, this allows calling my
    text editor or select programs from the Run command or Dos if needed.
    (by just their name and not a path)
    ie: Uedit32 instead of E:\Program Files\UlltaEdit\Uedit32
    --

    Baaaad news for one Roger Henderson
    http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/homepage/x1578449844

    , Jul 5, 2007
  5. Andy

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 22:16:25 +0000, Andy wrote:

    > could some1 please explain to me, exactly what is system32 in the windows
    > folder of the c: drive

    It's where most viruses store their data.

    You should definitely delete the entire directory to ensure your system
    operates at maximum efficiency.

    Dan C, Jul 5, 2007
  6. Andy

    Vanguard Guest

    "Andy" wrote in message

    > could some1 please explain to me, exactly what is system32 in the
    > windows folder of the c: drive

    Since you don't know what it is and aren't willing to spend any time
    reading dummies books or doing your own research then just leave it
    alone. Without identifying WHY you need to know then basically any info
    provided to you just makes you a user that is hazardous to the health of
    the OS.

    Vanguard, Jul 5, 2007
  7. Andy

    Plato Guest