    Any suggestions?

    Thx...

    Tony
    =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueUg=?=, Jul 22, 2007

  2. Tony:
    You should provide more information about the error.
    When does it exactly take place during boot?
    Error code or message?
    Can you boot into safe mode and make a system restore to a previous known
    good state?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 22, 2007

  3. OS seems to be booting up normally until you get the Windows XP screen with
    the blue LED moving across the bottom. Then there's a blue flash or 2 and
    everything starts all over. After several times of this, eventually I hit the
    F8 key and disable auto reboot after fatal crash mode. Then I try to reboot
    and the blue screen appears with this note;

    Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a
    status of 0x0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
    The system has been shut down.

    From here it's locked up and I have to do a power off reboot. The rebooting
    and blue flashes start all over again. I can do another F8 and choose the
    safe mode start, but have no success. Eventually it indicates
    system32\drivers\pci.sys corrupted and asks to insert system recovery disk
    into A:\.

    If I put a Windows XP Pro bootable CD in at start up, I get the following
    errors in the Windows Set up:

    Ohci1394.sys corrupted

    The file acpiec.sys is corrupted.

    File \i386\ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. The error is code 7.

    Thanks...

    --
    Tony

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueUg=?=, Jul 23, 2007
  4. Tony Sperling, Jul 23, 2007
  5. I was running Trend Micro AV months before this problem occured, but it
    slowed my pc doen and I removed it.

    I have removed all the PCI devices and reduced my RAM to the original 64mb.
    Still has the same issues...

    Should I disconnect the DVDs and A: drive?
    --
    Tony

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueUg=?=, Jul 23, 2007
  6. TonyH:
    Considering you have already tried a repair install and new errors keep
    showing up, it leaves no other option than thinking of a hardware problem.
    A couple of actions I can think of:
    1.- Get a vacuum cleaner and remove all signs of dust inside the PC cabinet.
    Make sure all fans are clean and rotate freely.
    2.- Faulty connection. Remove all connectors, one by one, and reseat them
    firmly.
    3.- Bad memory stick. Leave only one and boot. If it doesn't help, replace
    it with the other stick and see what happens.
    4.- Bad power supply.
    5.- Check BIOS for any unadvertedly applied overclock.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 23, 2007
  7. Don't know if this will be of any help, but I put my hard drive into an
    identical working pc and it has the same issue??? (I put the other pc's hard
    drive back in and it continued to work.)
    --
    Tony

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueUg=?=, Jul 23, 2007
  8. Hmmm, interesting...
    Faulty hard drive, maybe?
    1.- Try to do a repair install placing your "bad" hard drive on your "good"
    pc.
    2.- If #1 fails, then I think it is time for a new hard drive.

    Another course of action would be to "get" (buy, borrow or even steal) a
    spare hard drive, place it in your problematic pc and try to install your OS
    from scratch.

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 23, 2007
  9. There's this article on the Trend variety:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812512/en-us

    If you removed it, perhaps you should uninstall and re-install the network
    services it mentions, since the Registry may be involved as well?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 23, 2007