system tray

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robin Goodfellow, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. Can anyone help me add and delete things from my system tray in XP

    please

    Robin Goodfellow, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Robin Goodfellow

    Bob Guest

    What things?

    Bob, Aug 18, 2004

  3. Robin Goodfellow

    Kenny Guest

    See my reply to fredcromer.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Aug 18, 2004
  4. Robin Goodfellow

    Claude Guest

    > Can anyone help me add and delete things from my system tray in XP
    >

    > please

    How to Clear Past Items From The Tray Notification Area

    To Clear the past items list, perform the following steps, open regedit:

    1. Delete the IconStreams and the PastIconStream from the following registry
    key:

    HKEY-CURRENT-USER.Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current
    Version\Explorer\TrayNotify

    Double Click each entry in turn, right click, select all, press delete key
    on keyboard. Close regedit.

    2. Open Task Manager, click the Processes Tab , click Explorer.exe, and then
    click

    End Process.

    3. In Task Manager, click File, click New Task, type Explorer, and then
    click OK

    Claude, Aug 18, 2004
  5. Robin Goodfellow

    Linda Guest

    > Can anyone help me add and delete things from my system tray in XP

    please

    Sure. Where do you live?

    --
    Hmmm, they've got internet on computers now. - Homer Simpson

    Linda, Aug 18, 2004