System tools in accessories

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by doobydoobydo, Nov 10, 2006.

  1. doobydoobydo

    doobydoobydo Guest

    Hi

    Been having some problems with my computer. Anyone come across
    start>acessories>system tools (the system tools part) moving to the bottom
    of the menu when it has always been at the fifth place for me.

    What I mean is click start, click all programs, click accesories, then I
    used to have accesability, communications, entertainment, microsoft
    Interactive training then system tools and several other things to click on
    the menu. But whilst having big problems with that red circle with white
    exclamation mark ( if you have seen my other posts) it moved to bottom of
    menu list. Now I have fixed the problem of the red circle (fingers crossed
    it's not just hiding) the system tools is back to where it used to be.
    Bizzare.

    Ps think I fixed that red circle problem if anyone else has it via a full
    Norton spyware scan as opposed to a quick one. Other progs didn't pick
    anything up. The full scan did and after deleting that it was fixed. I wish
    I could remember what it deleted but I was so fed up by then didn't make a
    note of it, didn't expect it to work. Its doesn't seem to be in the
    quarantine either.
    doobydoobydo, Nov 10, 2006

  2. doobydoobydo

    nobody > Guest

    doobydoobydo wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Been having some problems with my computer. Anyone come across
    > start>acessories>system tools (the system tools part) moving to the bottom
    > of the menu when it has always been at the fifth place for me.
    >
    > What I mean is click start, click all programs, click accesories, then I
    > used to have accesability, communications, entertainment, microsoft
    > Interactive training then system tools and several other things to click on
    > the menu. But whilst having big problems with that red circle with white
    > exclamation mark ( if you have seen my other posts) it moved to bottom of
    > menu list. Now I have fixed the problem of the red circle (fingers crossed
    > it's not just hiding) the system tools is back to where it used to be.
    > Bizzare.

    Something's definitely messed with your registry.

    What you can do to correct the position issue (mostly) is to right-click
    on the program list and select "sort by name". That will put all the
    entries in alphanumeric order. Don't be surprised if "Accessories" takes
    the #1 slot.

    nobody >, Nov 10, 2006

  3. doobydoobydo

    doobydoobydo Guest

    "nobody >" <> wrote in message
    > doobydoobydo wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Been having some problems with my computer. Anyone come across
    >> start>acessories>system tools (the system tools part) moving to the
    >> bottom of the menu when it has always been at the fifth place for me.
    >>
    >> What I mean is click start, click all programs, click accesories, then I
    >> used to have accesability, communications, entertainment, microsoft
    >> Interactive training then system tools and several other things to click
    >> on the menu. But whilst having big problems with that red circle with
    >> white exclamation mark ( if you have seen my other posts) it moved to
    >> bottom of menu list. Now I have fixed the problem of the red circle
    >> (fingers crossed it's not just hiding) the system tools is back to where
    >> it used to be. Bizzare.

    > Something's definitely messed with your registry.
    >
    > What you can do to correct the position issue (mostly) is to right-click
    > on the program list and select "sort by name". That will put all the
    > entries in alphanumeric order. Don't be surprised if "Accessories" takes
    > the #1 slot.

    Thanks didn't realise you can right click, should have known that. As it
    happened on my laptop as well I was wondering if downloading ie7 could have
    done it as that is the only thing I can think of I did to both machines.
    Things seem to have gone a little haywire since downloading that.
    doobydoobydo, Nov 10, 2006