  1. What i do to my computer it is very slow, somebody said i must clean the
    cached web sites that I ve opened they are many on the computer.

    How do i do that?

    tintswalo nkuna, Dec 13, 2004

  2. Cleaning the cached is only a temporary fix and frankly it does not work for
    most people because
    the 'speed' (and I use this term very lightly) increase is not noticeable.

    I found that the best increase in performance comes when you add more
    memory.
    Alternatively you can increase the size of the pagefile. The procedure for
    this varies for different windows systems
    so you need to specify your operating system for further help.

    Zimran Douglas, Dec 14, 2004

  3. Double entry - sorry

    the_angry_monkey, Dec 14, 2004
  4. It is possible if you use the internet a lot that your system may be
    slowed by viruses, adware and spyware. But first things first. In
    order to try and get your system to run faster After each stage check
    to see how your system is doing:

    1) BACK UP YOUR IMPORTANT DATA & REGISTRY

    2) Scandisk and defragment your hard disks

    3) Remove any old programs especially if they load on Windows boot up.
    Ideally disable any unnecessary auto-updaters (ie Adobe's update
    manager) etc as these eat valuable resources.

    4) Run a virus scan (and boot time scan) for a free scanner go to:

    5) Install and run an adware scanner to remove any resource hogging
    apps or malware. An excellent free scanner is available here for
    personal use. http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

    6) If none of this work my personal preference would be to check I had
    all my software, backup my hard disk, wipe it and start over.

    Hope that helps

    the_angry_monkey, Dec 14, 2004