    1
    For the past 48 hours I have been having trouble with my computer. My anti-virus software detected a virus but ever since then I keep getting these error messages and problems trying to get online and/or stay online. But the problem is not just with internet. I get error message trying to use software on my computer as well. If I am using software i.e. Microsoft Word, I get a "Service & Controller Application has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If I try to go online or while I am online I get an error message that say, "Explorer.EXE-Application Error...The instruction at "0x94f75003" referenced memory at "0x94f75003". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program. If I am online and/or working in a software program, I have also gotten "system shutdown intiated by NT/....." type of message and once that is initated there is no getting out of it. I maybe able to continue what I am doing for a while but eventually, if the computer does not shut down, it does and always freeze. I can't reboot, I can't manually shutdown either. Any and all suggestion would greatly be appreciated. I take online course for college. I also have a photography business where I need to be able to edit images and can't do that either. I REALLY need my computer to work.

    Thanks

    j2cool, Jun 15, 2009

  2. j2cool

    dford2201

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2009
    Messages:
    8
    If your virus detection tells you are infected ,then your most likely are,so
    Unplug your computer first and then plug it back in.When you do hold down your power button on your pc it should reboot it self,when it dose

    press F8 this bring up the safe mode scroll thru and select safe mode..
    when you log into your account run anti virus software and spyware

    go to search box and type in run then cmd a black prompt box will open up
    when it dose,type in mrt this will also start Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

    I also hope your machine is update with hotfixers and with the latest service pack install on your machine.

    I hope this help you
    dford2201

    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
    dford2201, Jun 20, 2009