    has any one got any ideas please
    --
    carmen
    =?Utf-8?B?Y2FybWVu?=, Aug 5, 2006

  2. System Restore points are reversable. Reverse it and/or choose a different
    SR and try again.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 5, 2006

  3. thanks colin but that didnt help me at all i cant get into system restore it
    wont let me as i am the only adminastrator on my pc
    --
    carmen

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2FybWVu?=, Aug 5, 2006
  4. Go into Safe Mode and try an SR point from there.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 5, 2006
  5. colin you probably think im stupid now but how do i go into safe mode
    --
    carmen

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2FybWVu?=, Aug 5, 2006
  6. There are no stupid questions, so don't worry about what you have to ask
    about.

    Method 1. From Windows, START>Run and type
    msconfig
    On the BOOT.INI tab select SAFEBOOT and then OK out of the System
    Configuration Utility and restart your computer. When you no longer want to
    boot into Safe Mode, reverse the process by unchecking the SAFEBOOT box and
    also make sure Normal Startup is selected on the General tab.

    Method 2. When you turn on the computer you press a key (F8 or Delete,
    depending on the brand) to bring up a screen of options for entering Safe
    Mode (with or without networking) and some other options such as Start in
    Last Known Good Configuration.

    You can restore to a SR point in Safe Mode but you cannot set a new SR point
    in Safe Mode.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 5, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Y2FybWVu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Since Colin hasn't gotten back, use the F8 key as Windows starts. Hold or
    tap the key as you come out of POST

    John Barnes, Aug 6, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Y2FybWVu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Sorry, Colins reply hadn't shown up yet.

    John Barnes, Aug 6, 2006
  9. thanks for try to help colin ive tried method 1 that doesnt let me in so
    tried method 2 and the window thats coming up is select boot first device
    + hard disc
    _nec dvd_rw
    nd-2510a
    realtek boot agent
    now im really lost can you suggest which one to use PLEASE
    --
    carmen

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2FybWVu?=, Aug 6, 2006
  10. That is the BIOS setup.

    Method 1 should simply get you into Safe Mode. Method 2 depends on the key
    press required by your system. Check with the manufacturer if you don't
    have a manual for the computer.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 6, 2006
  11. Right at the point when Windows displays the boot-menu where normaly you
    would press enter, press 'F8' instead, this is a Windows specific option and
    the machine shouldn't confuse that with anything else. This will present you
    with a much larger list of options of which the 'Safe Boot' is one.

    You may have quite short time to actually hit the F8 key if you have Windows
    set to log you in automatically, otherwise I think the default is ten
    seconds.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 7, 2006
  12. colin and tony thank you ever so much ive got my pc back to its usual self
    you`s guys saved me alot of money thanks a million x
    --
    carmen

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2FybWVu?=, Aug 7, 2006
  13. Glad it works! ( :0()