    How do I know how many system restore points are on my pc? Are old ones
    saved? What happens to them?

    ---

    Nowhere, Nov 1, 2004

  2. Nowhere

    Scraggy Guest

    Nowhere wrote:
    > How do I know how many system restore points are on my pc? Are old
    > ones saved? What happens to them?
    >

    > ---

    1.How long is a piece of string.
    2.System Restore is set as a percentage(variable but a max of 12%) of disk
    capacity. The size of the restore file for any given point will depend on
    how many programs etc you have installed on your machine. When you reach the
    maximum capacity of the set aside area, then the system starts to replace
    restore points on a "oldest first basis".
    HTH

    --
    The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to
    arm bears. -- Chris Addison

    Scraggy, Nov 1, 2004