    restore. It makes no diffrence which date i choose i have created a restore
    point? but still it says unable to restore system choose another date.
    Can some one help Kevin.
    mopy, Sep 29, 2004

  2. mopy

    Jamco Guest

    System restore usually works. I built one system and for whatever reason it
    would not let me do a restore, and the system seemed very buggy.
    You might be successful if you try going farther back. It seems as if there
    was a problem on your system, sometimes it will not let you restore to an
    eariler point, if that problem existed at that point in time as well.

    Another thing you can do is a repair install. Reboot the computer with the
    windows cd in the drive, and act as like your going to install windows, it
    will detect that windows is already installed and ask if you want to repair
    this install (not the recovery console) then it will reinstall all windows
    files, but leave all your other programs/files intact.

    Good luck

    Jamco, Sep 29, 2004

  3. mopy

    Unknown Guest

    It is possible you have a corrupt file for restore. The only way to fix is
    turn off restore, reboot and turn it back on. The result will be cleaning out
    the restore file and creating a new one.

    Unknown, Sep 29, 2004
  4. mopy

    Yddap Guest

    In news:8tC6d.20$,
    mopy <> opined:
    > Hi
    > I am new to xp home, and wonder if any one else has dad problems with
    > system restore. It makes no diffrence which date i choose i have
    > created a restore point? but still it says unable to restore system
    > choose another date.
    > Can some one help Kevin.

    Try in" Safe Mode " this worked for me
    --

    Yddap
    Remove guts to reply
    Yddap, Sep 29, 2004
  5. mopy

    ImhoTech Guest

    Tell dad to shut the **** up and let you restore.
    ImhoTech, Sep 29, 2004
  6. mopy

    °Mike° Guest

    Troubleshooting System Restore in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302796

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:41:24 GMT, in
    <8tC6d.20$>
    mopy scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 29, 2004
  7. mopy

    Plato Guest

    http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#15
    Plato, Sep 29, 2004
  8. mopy

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Keep in mind that if you do the repair as suggested, you will need to
    reinstall all the Windows updates, security patches, and probably hardware
    drivers. Still, it's a good option. If nothing else works, a clean
    re-install may be the final solution (assuming, of course, that your
    hardware isn't causing you problems.)

    >| System restore usually works. I built one system and for whatever
    >| reason it would not let me do a restore, and the system seemed very
    >| buggy.
    >| You might be successful if you try going farther back. It seems as
    >| if there was a problem on your system, sometimes it will not let you
    >| restore to an eariler point, if that problem existed at that point
    >| in time as well.
    >|
    >| Another thing you can do is a repair install. Reboot the computer
    >| with the windows cd in the drive, and act as like your going to
    >| install windows, it will detect that windows is already installed
    >| and ask if you want to repair this install (not the recovery
    >| console) then it will reinstall all windows files, but leave all
    >| your other programs/files intact.
    >|
    >| Good luck
    >|
    >| "mopy" <> wrote in message
    >| > Hi
    >| > I am new to xp home, and wonder if any one else has dad problems
    >| > with system
    >| > restore. It makes no diffrence which date i choose i have created a
    >| > restore
    >| > point? but still it says unable to restore system choose another
    >| > date. Can some one help Kevin.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Sep 30, 2004