    will let you scan for these but not remove them).

    I appreciate the help.

    , Jul 23, 2006

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > Yesterday I obtained the Zlob Trojan through unkown elements, and I
    > couldn't find the help or software to remove this trojan. I restored
    > my PC to before this happened and I haven't seen a trace of the trojan
    > yet. Is it possible that it is hiding? I have read that restoring your
    > PC for this trojan might be bad, but the processes that came with the
    > trojan aren't running anymore. Can anybody help me with this and/or
    > provide me with a good/free spyware & adware remover (I am currently
    > just using McAfee for Anti-Virus and I've come across programs that
    > will let you scan for these but not remove them).
    >
    > I appreciate the help.

    I can practically guarantee it's still there hiding. System restore does not
    backup/restore/recover etc. data files, files stored in temp folders, and so
    on.

    Here's the list of software I usually use to clean up people's fracked up
    systems:

    Spybot Search & Destroy

    Ad-Aware SE

    SpywareBlaster

    Ewido
    http://www.ewido.net/en/

    Windows Defender

    All of the above can be downloaded safely from www.download.com then search
    for the program name. Be careful NOT to click on advertisements - just the
    actual program download buttons.

    Download each, update it, run it. Update and run each one.

    It may be necessary to run some of the scans in Safe Mode.

    After the system is clean, update and run each of the above about once a
    week, just like your anti-virus software. For those which do not have
    automatic schedulers, I set one up in Window's Task Scheduler.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 23, 2006

  3. Guest

    Thanks, but I don't think these would help as many people say that
    there software does not catch this Trojan.

    , Jul 23, 2006
  4. Toolman Tim wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Yesterday I obtained the Zlob Trojan through unkown elements, and I
    >> couldn't find the help or software to remove this trojan. I restored
    >> my PC to before this happened and I haven't seen a trace of the
    >> trojan yet. Is it possible that it is hiding? I have read that
    >> restoring your PC for this trojan might be bad, but the processes
    >> that came with the trojan aren't running anymore. Can anybody help
    >> me with this and/or provide me with a good/free spyware & adware
    >> remover (I am currently just using McAfee for Anti-Virus and I've
    >> come across programs that will let you scan for these but not remove
    >> them). I appreciate the help.

    > I can practically guarantee it's still there hiding. System restore
    > does not backup/restore/recover etc. data files, files stored in temp
    > folders, and so on.
    >
    > Here's the list of software I usually use to clean up people's
    > fracked up systems:
    >
    > Spybot Search & Destroy
    > http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
    >
    > Ad-Aware SE
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    >
    > SpywareBlaster
    >
    > Ewido
    > http://www.ewido.net/en/
    >
    > Windows Defender
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    >
    > All of the above can be downloaded safely from www.download.com then
    > search for the program name. Be careful NOT to click on
    > advertisements - just the actual program download buttons.
    >
    > Download each, update it, run it. Update and run each one.
    >
    > It may be necessary to run some of the scans in Safe Mode.
    >
    > After the system is clean, update and run each of the above about
    > once a week, just like your anti-virus software. For those which do
    > not have automatic schedulers, I set one up in Window's Task
    > Scheduler.

    I agree with all of the above, but I would add that you might want to
    try SuperAntiSpyware first.

    http://www.superantispyware.com/index.html

    If you have questions or problems, Nick hangs out in
    alt.privacy.spyware.

    rl
    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
    that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. Jonathan Swift

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jul 23, 2006
  5. Toolman Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > Thanks, but I don't think these would help as many people say that
    > there software does not catch this Trojan.

    Sorry to say you're full of malarky, but Zlob *is* in the list from Spybot
    Search and Destroy. I bet it's in others too. And Symantec has removal
    write-ups on their web page. So what is YOUR problem?

    Toolman Tim, Jul 23, 2006
  6. Guest

    People have already tried the way Symantic recommends and that doesn't
    work. I scanned with all of the programs you listed and it didn't find
    anything pertaining to Zlob or its alias', like Smitfraud. As I
    thought, the restore seems to have worked or the software you gave does
    not catch it.

    , Jul 23, 2006
  7. pcbutts1 Guest

    Tim you are right but there is a new variant of the Zlob Trojan that is not
    detected by the programs you suggested including SuperAntispyware that the
    troll posted. I have a copy of it and I submitted it to all the antivirus
    and malware companies on Friday. They should have detection algorithms in
    their next definitions update. I have a copy of it if you want to see it,
    just don't execute it.

    pcbutts1, Jul 23, 2006
  8. Toolman Tim Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Tim you are right but there is a new variant of the Zlob Trojan that
    > is not detected by the programs you suggested including
    > SuperAntispyware that the troll posted. I have a copy of it and I
    > submitted it to all the antivirus and malware companies on Friday.
    > They should have detection algorithms in their next definitions
    > update. I have a copy of it if you want to see it, just don't execute
    > it.

    Okay - that could be the problem then. This stuff morphs way too fast.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 23, 2006
  9. Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:07:14 -0400, Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote:

    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> Yesterday I obtained the Zlob Trojan through unkown elements, and I
    >>> couldn't find the help or software to remove this trojan. I restored my
    >>> PC to before this happened and I haven't seen a trace of the trojan
    >>> yet. Is it possible that it is hiding? I have read that restoring your
    >>> PC for this trojan might be bad, but the processes that came with the
    >>> trojan aren't running anymore. Can anybody help me with this and/or
    >>> provide me with a good/free spyware & adware remover (I am currently
    >>> just using McAfee for Anti-Virus and I've come across programs that
    >>> will let you scan for these but not remove them). I appreciate the
    >>> help.

    >> I can practically guarantee it's still there hiding. System restore does
    >> not backup/restore/recover etc. data files, files stored in temp
    >> folders, and so on.
    >>
    >> Here's the list of software I usually use to clean up people's fracked
    >> up systems:
    >>
    >> Spybot Search & Destroy
    >> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
    >>
    >> Ad-Aware SE
    >> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    >>
    >> SpywareBlaster
    >> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    >>
    >> Ewido
    >> http://www.ewido.net/en/
    >>
    >> Windows Defender
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    >>
    >> All of the above can be downloaded safely from www.download.com then
    >> search for the program name. Be careful NOT to click on advertisements -
    >> just the actual program download buttons.
    >>
    >> Download each, update it, run it. Update and run each one.
    >>
    >> It may be necessary to run some of the scans in Safe Mode.
    >>
    >> After the system is clean, update and run each of the above about once a
    >> week, just like your anti-virus software. For those which do not have
    >> automatic schedulers, I set one up in Window's Task Scheduler.

    > I agree with all of the above, but I would add that you might want to try
    > SuperAntiSpyware first.
    >
    > http://www.superantispyware.com/index.html
    >
    > If you have questions or problems, Nick hangs out in alt.privacy.spyware.
    >
    > rl

    What about bughunter?

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jul 23, 2006
  10. pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Tim you are right but there is a new variant of the Zlob Trojan that
    > is not detected by the programs you suggested including
    > SuperAntispyware that the troll posted. I have a copy of it and I
    > submitted it to all the antivirus and malware companies on Friday.
    > They should have detection algorithms in their next definitions
    > update. I have a copy of it if you want to see it, just don't execute
    > it.

    LOL.

    You're such a narcissist, Butts.

    rl

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jul 23, 2006
  11. Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:07:14 -0400, Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote:
    >
    >> Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I can practically guarantee it's still there hiding. System restore
    >>> does not backup/restore/recover etc. data files, files stored in
    >>> temp folders, and so on.
    >>>
    >>> Here's the list of software I usually use to clean up people's
    >>> fracked up systems:
    >>>
    >>> Spybot Search & Destroy
    >>> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
    >>>
    >>> Ad-Aware SE
    >>> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    >>>
    >>> SpywareBlaster
    >>> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    >>>
    >>> Ewido
    >>> http://www.ewido.net/en/
    >>>
    >>> Windows Defender
    >>>
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    >>>
    >>> All of the above can be downloaded safely from www.download.com then
    >>> search for the program name. Be careful NOT to click on
    >>> advertisements - just the actual program download buttons.
    >>>
    >>> Download each, update it, run it. Update and run each one.
    >>>
    >>> It may be necessary to run some of the scans in Safe Mode.
    >>>
    >>> After the system is clean, update and run each of the above about
    >>> once a week, just like your anti-virus software. For those which do
    >>> not have automatic schedulers, I set one up in Window's Task
    >>> Scheduler.

    >> I agree with all of the above, but I would add that you might want
    >> to try SuperAntiSpyware first.
    >>
    >> http://www.superantispyware.com/index.html
    >>
    >> If you have questions or problems, Nick hangs out in
    >> alt.privacy.spyware.
    >>
    >> rl

    > What about bughunter?

    <gasping for air> I think the world of you, Mr. Plow; yet for some
    reason, you persist in trying to choke me.

    Thank you for that. :)

    <still COL>

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jul 23, 2006
  12. Plato Guest