    see that both drives are being monitored.

    This makes me think that there must be something in the registry that is
    insisting that the original drive be present for system restore to function.

    Colby Lamb, Mar 7, 2004

  2. Colby Lamb

    °Mike° Guest

    You can't simply replace a hard drive, without issues,
    on an XP system.

    On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 08:43:37 -0800, in
    <>
    Colby Lamb scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Mar 7, 2004

  3. Colby Lamb

    Colby Lamb Guest

    problem solved

    1. Booted up with both drives (new drive as master)

    2. Turned off system restore, which deleted all previous restore points.

    3. Rebooted with new drive only, and turned system restore back on.

    It was interesting to see, during step 2, that XP still recognizes the old
    drive as the system drive. I'd like to know how to convince XP that the new
    drive is the system drive.

    Thanks!

    Colby Lamb, Mar 7, 2004