    most of them back due to my utility suite, but have to go one file at a time
    and it takes 4 mouse clicks each. Would a system restore to an earlier time
    bring these files back? Thanks.
    Smoker~, Mar 22, 2005

  2. Smoker~

    docmill Guest

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2D2539BA

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
    docmill, Mar 22, 2005

  3. Smoker~ wrote:
    > I used the XP disk cleanup feature and it erased 32GB of files. I've
    > got most of them back due to my utility suite, but have to go one
    > file at a time and it takes 4 mouse clicks each. Would a system
    > restore to an earlier time bring these files back? Thanks.

    1) Disk cleanup has no effect on personal files
    2) If you've run disk cleanup and it's delete that amount, then all of
    your SR points - bar one - will have been erased.
    3) Even if they hadn't, it would be futile. System restore has no effect
    on personal data. You delete a file and then decide you shouldn't have done
    so, then system restore isn't going to reinstate it. It only tracks system
    files.

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Mar 22, 2005