    WinXP System Restore back about a month ago what happens to the updated
    Netscape and Mozilla programs I have put on during the last few days?

    Thanks. Paul

    Paul Welch, Nov 3, 2005

  2. Paul Welch

    Donald Guest

    start/program files/accessories/system tools/system restore

    may not be able to go back that far but look anyway

    Donald, Nov 3, 2005

  3. Paul Welch

    Paul Welch Guest

    Donald wrote:
    > start/program files/accessories/system tools/system restore
    >
    > may not be able to go back that far but look anyway
    > "Paul Welch" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have recently updated my Netscape and Mozilla browser and emails to fix a
    >>problem I am having. This didn't fix my problem. If I now do a WinXP
    >>System Restore back about a month ago what happens to the updated Netscape
    >>and Mozilla programs I have put on during the last few days?
    >>
    >>Thanks. Paul

    Donald,

    What I was asking is what happens to the Updated programs. Will they
    revert to the older versions or will the upgraded ones stay on the computer.

    Thanks. Paul

    Paul Welch, Nov 3, 2005
  4. Paul Welch

    old jon Guest

    "Paul Welch" <> wrote in message
    >I have recently updated my Netscape and Mozilla browser and emails to fix a
    >problem I am having. This didn't fix my problem. If I now do a WinXP
    >System Restore back about a month ago what happens to the updated Netscape
    >and Mozilla programs I have put on during the last few days?
    >
    > Thanks. Paul

    If you`ve kept the updates, you will be able to re-update. Any software or
    updates performed since you return to `an earlier time` will be lost.
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Nov 3, 2005
  5. On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:56:22 GMT, Paul Welch <>
    wrote:

    >I have recently updated my Netscape and Mozilla browser and emails to
    >fix a problem I am having. This didn't fix my problem. If I now do a
    >WinXP System Restore back about a month ago what happens to the updated
    >Netscape and Mozilla programs I have put on during the last few days?
    >
    >Thanks. Paul

    In theory all settings/programs/etc will revert back to the last
    restore point. You will probably have to update again. For smallish XP
    problems try using the last known good configuration first. Mash the
    F8 key at boot up to get there.

    unluckylanding, Nov 3, 2005
  6. Paul Welch

    Paul Welch Guest

    unluckylanding wrote:
    > On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:56:22 GMT, Paul Welch <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I have recently updated my Netscape and Mozilla browser and emails to
    >>fix a problem I am having. This didn't fix my problem. If I now do a
    >>WinXP System Restore back about a month ago what happens to the updated
    >>Netscape and Mozilla programs I have put on during the last few days?
    >>
    >>Thanks. Paul

    > In theory all settings/programs/etc will revert back to the last
    > restore point. You will probably have to update again. For smallish XP
    > problems try using the last known good configuration first. Mash the
    > F8 key at boot up to get there.

    Maybe I'm not being clear. I changed Netscape from 7.1 to Netscape 7.2.
    After I do a System restore will I still have 7.2 or will it go back
    to Netscape 7.1 like it was on MY Computer the day I'm using to restore
    to. Sorry I wasn't clearer.

    Paul

    Paul Welch, Nov 3, 2005
  7. On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:43:34 GMT, Paul Welch <>
    wrote:

    >unluckylanding wrote:
    >> On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:56:22 GMT, Paul Welch <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have recently updated my Netscape and Mozilla browser and emails to
    >>>fix a problem I am having. This didn't fix my problem. If I now do a
    >>>WinXP System Restore back about a month ago what happens to the updated
    >>>Netscape and Mozilla programs I have put on during the last few days?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks. Paul

    >> In theory all settings/programs/etc will revert back to the last
    >> restore point. You will probably have to update again. For smallish XP
    >> problems try using the last known good configuration first. Mash the
    >> F8 key at boot up to get there.
    >>

    >Maybe I'm not being clear. I changed Netscape from 7.1 to Netscape 7.2.
    > After I do a System restore will I still have 7.2 or will it go back
    >to Netscape 7.1 like it was on MY Computer the day I'm using to restore
    >to. Sorry I wasn't clearer.
    >
    >Paul

    all updates will be lost.

    unluckylanding, Nov 3, 2005
  8. Paul Welch

    The Shed Guest

    "Paul Welch" <> wrote in message

    > unluckylanding wrote:
    >> On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:56:22 GMT, Paul Welch <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have recently updated my Netscape and Mozilla browser and emails to
    >>>fix a problem I am having. This didn't fix my problem. If I now do a
    >>>WinXP System Restore back about a month ago what happens to the
    >>>updated Netscape and Mozilla programs I have put on during the last
    >>>few days?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks. Paul

    >> In theory all settings/programs/etc will revert back to the last
    >> restore point. You will probably have to update again. For smallish
    >> XP
    >> problems try using the last known good configuration first. Mash the
    >> F8 key at boot up to get there.
    >>

    > Maybe I'm not being clear. I changed Netscape from 7.1 to Netscape
    > 7.2. After I do a System restore will I still have 7.2 or will it go
    > back to Netscape 7.1 like it was on MY Computer the day I'm using to
    > restore to. Sorry I wasn't clearer.
    >
    > Paul

    Restore will not lose saved data (docs etc)
    However if you restore to a time before a prog update , the prog will be
    as of that date--an update will be required.
    Always save the update files to a seperate folder so this quirk can be
    easily overcome.
    This also includes firewall and AV progs

    The Shed, Nov 3, 2005
  9. Paul Welch

    Ron Martell Guest

    Paul Welch <> wrote:

    >I have recently updated my Netscape and Mozilla browser and emails to
    >fix a problem I am having. This didn't fix my problem. If I now do a
    >WinXP System Restore back about a month ago what happens to the updated
    >Netscape and Mozilla programs I have put on during the last few days?
    >
    >Thanks. Paul

    I do not recommend using System Restore to go back more than a week or
    perhaps 10 days at the outside.

    Going back further than that almost always results in far more
    problems (because of missing updates etc) than it ever solves.

    You should look for some other way of solving whatever your actual
    problem is.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --