    Any help would be much appreciated. Because the only other solution I see
    now is to reinstall my system.

    Tx, THomas.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGhvbWFz?=, Oct 23, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGhvbWFz?=

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Would running sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt be useful?

    Tom
    MSSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Oct 24, 2007

  3. Thanks for the tip.

    Unfortunately sfc did not find any violations and the problem is still
    there. Might anyone know what RPC server all three applications have in
    common?

    Thx,

    Thomas.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGhvbWFz?=, Oct 25, 2007
  4. I'm having the exact same problem. I also ran the scannow thing and it said
    it fixed some problems, but it didn't fix that problem. Does anyone know
    what I can do to fix this? Please????

    =?Utf-8?B?TWNCYWlu?=, Nov 3, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VGhvbWFz?=

    Kue2 Guest

    Try turning off anti-virus programs & see if that helps.

    Kue2, Nov 3, 2007
  6. Thanks for your suggestion. I tried it, and unfortunately, I still run into
    the same problem. Any thing else I can do?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWNCYWlu?=, Nov 4, 2007
  7. Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't do the trick for me either. I
    haven't encountered any other problems with my system sofar. Except for those
    three for maintenance quite critical programs.

    Btw. when I run System Restore from the Vista DVD (at least tried to) I get
    the same issue. :(

    Tx, Thomas.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGhvbWFz?=, Nov 5, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?VGhvbWFz?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Thomas:
    Refer to the article at
    http://askbobrankin.com/rpc_server_unavailable.html, for possibly a missing
    or corrupt registry entry. When it comes to the registry I'm of no help but
    may be able to help. Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64