System Policies

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Marc Dammers, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Marc Dammers

    Marc Dammers Guest

    Paul,

    At which level do you apply the GPO (Local, Site, Domain
    or OU level)? Try run GPRESULT.EXE. This will give you an
    overview of which GPO is applied and at which level.
    GPO's are a pain in the butt, especially when there
    are "no override" and "no inheritance" options set.

    Good luck.

    Marc.

    to test here at home
    >to prep for the 70-215 exam. Anyway I created a

    NTconfig.pol file with
    >poledit and placed it in the netlogon share on the DC.

    My understanding is
    >that this is designed to configure system policies to

    work for NT clients
    >and W2K clients for backwards compatability. When I

    logon as a user, the
    >policy never takes place. I know that MS recommends use

    of GPO's for W2K,
    >but my understanding is that System Policy is suppose to

    work for NT and W2K
    >clients too.
    >
    >By the way the policy has default user and default

    computer in it. I just
    >told the default user to not show the display options,

    yet they appear when
    >I logon as a regular user. The user I logon as is not

    an admin.

    > Can anyone give some suggestions what I might be doing

    wrong or know of a

    Marc Dammers, Jul 14, 2003