    I have searched for answers. I have found many with the same problem,
    but no solutions. TIA!

    , Jan 20, 2005

  2. On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:50:55 GMT, wrote:

    >BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS P2B ACPI BIOS Revision 1012 03/03/00

    Looking at the date on the BIOS, I would suggest you need to upgrade
    this. Upgrade files are at
    http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P2B&Type=All
    but make sure you know what you are doing before you try to update the
    BIOS.

    Shane Matthews, Jan 20, 2005

  3. Guest

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:50:08 -0800, Shane Matthews <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:50:55 GMT, wrote:
    >

    >>BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS P2B ACPI BIOS Revision 1012 03/03/00

    >Looking at the date on the BIOS, I would suggest you need to upgrade
    >this. Upgrade files are at
    >http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P2B&Type=All
    >but make sure you know what you are doing before you try to update the
    >BIOS.

    Tried that. The update flash is 1012, same as I have. Because of the
    date, I tried the flash, but after following on-screen instructions,
    it said that it was the same file I already had (date & all). Western
    Digital installation disc said I might have trouble with this one.

    , Jan 21, 2005
  4. Billy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:50:08 -0800, Shane Matthews <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:50:55 GMT, wrote:
    > >

    > >>BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS P2B ACPI BIOS Revision 1012 03/03/00

    > >Looking at the date on the BIOS, I would suggest you need to upgrade
    > >this. Upgrade files are at
    > >http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P2B&Type=All
    > >but make sure you know what you are doing before you try to update

    the
    > >BIOS.

    > Tried that. The update flash is 1012, same as I have. Because of the
    > date, I tried the flash, but after following on-screen instructions,
    > it said that it was the same file I already had (date & all). Western
    > Digital installation disc said I might have trouble with this one.

    You can find 1014 in the Beta Section. Look at the button near the top
    of the files listing.

    Billy, Jan 21, 2005
  5. Billy Guest

    "Billy" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:50:08 -0800, Shane Matthews <>
    > > wrote:

    03/03/00

    > > >Looking at the date on the BIOS, I would suggest you need to

    upgrade
    > > >this. Upgrade files are at

    >http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P2B&Type=All
    > > >but make sure you know what you are doing before you try to update

    > the
    > > >BIOS.

    > > Tried that. The update flash is 1012, same as I have. Because of the
    > > date, I tried the flash, but after following on-screen instructions,
    > > it said that it was the same file I already had (date & all).

    Western
    > > Digital installation disc said I might have trouble with this one.

    > You can find 1014 in the Beta Section. Look at the button near the top
    > of the files listing.

    Also meant to ask if when you are installing you are trying to setup a
    FAT32 partition. XP will only format 32GB.

    Billy, Jan 21, 2005
  6. Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:03:05 GMT, "Billy" <> wrote:

    >"Billy" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message

    >03/03/00

    >upgrade
    >> >

    >>http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P2B&Type=All

    >> the
    >> >
    >> > Tried that. The update flash is 1012, same as I have. Because of the
    >> > date, I tried the flash, but after following on-screen instructions,
    >> > it said that it was the same file I already had (date & all).

    >Western
    >> > Digital installation disc said I might have trouble with this one.

    >> You can find 1014 in the Beta Section. Look at the button near the top
    >> of the files listing.

    >Also meant to ask if when you are installing you are trying to setup a
    >FAT32 partition. XP will only format 32GB.

    I am using FAT32. My machine will not boot from CD, only from
    floppies. And I can't get it to boot from XP floppies, so I install
    Win98se, then upgrade to XPPro. Using Western Digital's Data
    Lifeguard disc, the 120Gb HDD shows only 32Gb when hooked up inside.
    When using an External USB enclosure it shows all 120Gb. I tried
    copying all files from another smaller HDD to the external drive, then
    installing it, and same problem, even when I partitioned the 120Gb HDD
    w/smaller partitions than 33Gb (none bigger than 25Gb). Thanks, I'll
    try 1014.

    , Jan 22, 2005
  7. Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:03:05 GMT, "Billy" <> wrote:

    >"Billy" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message

    >03/03/00

    >upgrade
    >> >

    >>http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P2B&Type=All

    >> the
    >> >
    >> > Tried that. The update flash is 1012, same as I have. Because of the
    >> > date, I tried the flash, but after following on-screen instructions,
    >> > it said that it was the same file I already had (date & all).

    >Western
    >> > Digital installation disc said I might have trouble with this one.

    >> You can find 1014 in the Beta Section. Look at the button near the top
    >> of the files listing.

    >Also meant to ask if when you are installing you are trying to setup a
    >FAT32 partition. XP will only format 32GB.

    1014 Beta did it! Thank you very much!!

    , Jan 22, 2005
  8. Billy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:03:05 GMT, "Billy" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Billy" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> <> wrote in message

    <>

    > >03/03/00

    > >upgrade
    > >> >

    >>http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P2B&Type=All

    update
    > >> the

    the

    instructions,

    > >Western

    one.

    > >> You can find 1014 in the Beta Section. Look at the button near the

    top
    > >> of the files listing.

    > >Also meant to ask if when you are installing you are trying to setup

    > >FAT32 partition. XP will only format 32GB.
    > >

    > 1014 Beta did it! Thank you very much!!

    You are welcome, more importantly thanks for letting others with this
    issue know.

    Billy, Jan 22, 2005