    The other area of interest is System Monitor. I still don't have any source
    material that really gives what I know is a well rounded view of System
    Monitor for the 70-290. Any input? Any KB or technet articles?
    winikeh, Oct 5, 2006

  2. winikeh

    .rev [MCT] Guest

    WSUS is a good free application for Microsoft Updates, but if you need to
    push out 3rd party updates as well are in need of a Licensing Inventory you
    need to consider Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 R2. With the
    software metering and inventory options you can keep a tight leash on how
    many installations of any version of any distribution of any software
    package you have site license agreements for.

    http://www.microsoft.com/smserver/

    --
    ..rev
    ..

    .rev [MCT], Oct 10, 2006

  3. winikeh

    Guest

    Thank you but you seem to have missed the point of my question. I am
    looking for information that will help me focus on understanding what
    is needed to pass the test as far as these objectives are concerned.

    On Oct 10, 9:42 am, ".rev [MCT]" <> wrote:
    > WSUS is a good free application for Microsoft Updates, but if you need to
    > push out 3rd party updates as well are in need of a Licensing Inventory you
    > need to consider Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 R2. With the
    > software metering and inventory options you can keep a tight leash on how
    > many installations of any version of any distribution of any software
    > package you have site license agreements for.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/smserver/
    >
    > --
    > .rev
    > .
    > "It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without
    > accepting it"
    > ~Aristotle
    > ."winikeh" <> wrote in messagenews:...
    >

    > >I am looking for assistance in locating KB and technet articles that cover
    > > few subsections in the objectives. First subsection is "Manage software
    > > update infrastructure." I am not certain what this means other than
    > > possibly
    > > WSUS. This is followed by "Manage software site licensing." If anyone
    > > has
    > > any insight and/or can help point me in the right direction, I would
    > > appreciate it.

    > > The other area of interest is System Monitor. I still don't have any
    > > source
    > > material that really gives what I know is a well rounded view of System
    > > Monitor for the 70-290. Any input? Any KB or technet articles?- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -
    , Oct 10, 2006