    Can someone help please?

    Thanks

    Tony

    Tony, Jan 15, 2007

  2. Tony

    1932 Guest

    "Tony" <-spam.com> wrote in message
    news:45abc60f$0$8722$...
    > Hi
    >
    > I downloaded the demo version of System Mechanic from the Iolo web site.
    > The file downloaded is "smpro_dm.exe" and is 468 Kb. Double clicking this
    > file downloaded one of about 37 Mb which I assume is somewhere on my
    > computer. As I didn't install it straight away I would like to know the
    > location it has downloaded to? I have tried searching for it but that's a
    > bit difficult as I don't know the file name!
    > Can someone help please?

    Go to Start/Search, type in *.*
    Scroll the left hand pane to When...Modified.
    Input the date it was d\loaded, and search.
    you`ll get all that occurred on that date.

    1932, Jan 15, 2007

  3. Tony

    x@y Guest

    > Hi
    >
    > I downloaded the demo version of System Mechanic from the Iolo web site. The
    > file downloaded is "smpro_dm.exe" and is 468 Kb. Double clicking this file
    > downloaded one of about 37 Mb which I assume is somewhere on my computer. As I
    > didn't install it straight away I would like to know the location it has
    > downloaded to? I have tried searching for it but that's a bit difficult as I
    > don't know the file name!
    > Can someone help please?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tony

    Hello Tony,

    That is wise to try before You buy, I paid $ 50.00 for syst. mech.
    version 6 in a local Store, could not use, or return.

    It did not recognize my installed Firewall,
    had pop-ups telling me to go and buy their Firewall.
    Certain scans were not completed, Just useless
    in my old Computer, iolo products will never be
    installed in my Computer again.

    Best of Luck, x@y

    x@y, Jan 16, 2007
  4. Tony

    Tony Guest

    1932 wrote:
    > "Tony" <-spam.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I downloaded the demo version of System Mechanic from the Iolo web site.
    >> The file downloaded is "smpro_dm.exe" and is 468 Kb. Double clicking this
    >> file downloaded one of about 37 Mb which I assume is somewhere on my
    >> computer. As I didn't install it straight away I would like to know the
    >> location it has downloaded to? I have tried searching for it but that's a
    >> bit difficult as I don't know the file name!
    >> Can someone help please?
    >>

    > Go to Start/Search, type in *.*
    > Scroll the left hand pane to When...Modified.
    > Input the date it was d\loaded, and search.
    > you`ll get all that occurred on that date.

    Thanks 1932.
    I had tried that as well as inputting the file size but nothing.
    Remains a mystery where a 37 MB file can disappear to??

    Regards

    Tony

    Tony, Jan 16, 2007
  5. Tony

    philo Guest

    > Hi
    >
    > I downloaded the demo version of System Mechanic from the Iolo web site.
    > The file downloaded is "smpro_dm.exe" and is 468 Kb. Double clicking
    > this file downloaded one of about 37 Mb which I assume is somewhere on
    > my computer. As I didn't install it straight away I would like to know
    > the location it has downloaded to? I have tried searching for it but
    > that's a bit difficult as I don't know the file name!
    > Can someone help please?

    Whenever you download something...you are *shown* which folder it's going
    to...

    Since you don't recall...simply begin to download anything...
    then *watch* for the spcified folder...

    once you see it...you may cancel the download

    philo, Jan 16, 2007
  6. Tony

    roach Guest

    > Hi
    >
    > I downloaded the demo version of System Mechanic from the Iolo web site.
    > The file downloaded is "smpro_dm.exe" and is 468 Kb. Double clicking this
    > file downloaded one of about 37 Mb which I assume is somewhere on my
    > computer. As I didn't install it straight away I would like to know the
    > location it has downloaded to? I have tried searching for it but that's a
    > bit difficult as I don't know the file name!
    > Can someone help please?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tony

    try temp internet file folder

    roach, Jan 17, 2007
  7. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Tony wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I downloaded the demo version of System Mechanic from the Iolo web site.
    > The file downloaded is "smpro_dm.exe" and is 468 Kb. Double clicking
    > this file downloaded one of about 37 Mb which I assume is somewhere on
    > my computer. As I didn't install it straight away I would like to know
    > the location it has downloaded to? I have tried searching for it but
    > that's a bit difficult as I don't know the file name!
    > Can someone help please?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tony

    Tried everything mentioned here. Still no joy.
    I give up! I guess somewhere on my hard drive now is a hidden file of
    about 37Mb!!

    But thanks for the advise Guys. Much appreciated.

    Regards

    Tony

    Tony, Jan 18, 2007
  8. Tony

    Guest

    Tony <-spam.com> wrote:

    >Tony wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I downloaded the demo version of System Mechanic from the Iolo web site.
    >> The file downloaded is "smpro_dm.exe" and is 468 Kb. Double clicking
    >> this file downloaded one of about 37 Mb which I assume is somewhere on
    >> my computer. As I didn't install it straight away I would like to know
    >> the location it has downloaded to? I have tried searching for it but
    >> that's a bit difficult as I don't know the file name!
    >> Can someone help please?
    >>

    >> Tony

    >Tried everything mentioned here. Still no joy.
    >I give up! I guess somewhere on my hard drive now is a hidden file of
    >about 37Mb!!

    Using the FInd program was the easiest way to find this file.

    You can use InstallWatch http://www.epsilonsquared.com/ then see just
    where everything ended up.

    --
    99 red ballons
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=14IRDDnEPR4

    , Jan 18, 2007
  9. Tony

    Guest

    wrote:

    >Using the FInd program was the easiest way to find this file.

    Just in case...

    Open Windows Explorer (WinKey+E), under TOOLS, open Folder Options,
    then the View Tab. Change these settings:

    Select Display the contents of system folders
    Select Show hidden files and folders
    UnSelect Hide Extensions for known file types
    Unselect Hide Protected operating system files (ignore popup)

    --
    99 red ballons
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=14IRDDnEPR4

    , Jan 18, 2007
  10. Tony

    Tony Guest

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Using the FInd program was the easiest way to find this file.

    > Just in case...
    >
    > Open Windows Explorer (WinKey+E), under TOOLS, open Folder Options,
    > then the View Tab. Change these settings:
    >
    > Select Display the contents of system folders
    > Select Show hidden files and folders
    > UnSelect Hide Extensions for known file types
    > Unselect Hide Protected operating system files (ignore popup)

    Many thanks Pennywise.
    The window explore settings you mention have been my customised settings
    when I first installed windows.
    I have however, downloaded the Installwatch program and will try it out.
    Thanks

    Tony

    Tony, Jan 18, 2007