    I did a search and don't have this on my computer. Where can I get it so
    that I can use the program?

    Pat

    Pat, Dec 4, 2009

  2. If you did a regular upgrade from Vista x64 to Win 7 x64 you probably
    need to re-install Office 2007. There are lots of posts in the Win 7
    Technet forum about multiple problems after upgrading from Vista to Win
    7 and the usual recommendation is to backup all important data and do a
    clean install of Win 7.

    Otherwise I would recommend posting your question in the Technet forum
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproappcompat/threads

    Bobby Johnson, Dec 4, 2009

  3. Pat

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Pat.

    A quick search on Bing found this KB article:
    ODE97: Run-Time Application Cannot Find System.mdw After Setup
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/162961

    One helpful quote from there: "There are four methods to resolve this
    problem. " Does this help - or at least get you headed towards a solution?
    If not, there are many more "hits" (433,000!) for that search.

    In my Win7 Ultimate x64, with the full Office 2010 beta installed, I find
    that file in just one place:
    C:\Users\RC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Access\system.mdw

    You might try substituting your own username for "RC" and see if you have
    that in your Win7. But, even if you have the file, it might not work until
    you re-install Office 2007 in Win7 so that it can make the proper entries in
    its Registry. You said, " It did work before upgrading from Vista to
    Windows 7." MOST apps and settings upgrade properly, but this may be one of
    the settings that work better after a clean install - of both Win7 and
    Office.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA