    Think I have got a virus tryed to do live update with Norton to no avail.
    Now whats next dont want to dig a deeper hole........Will listen to any
    voice within reason
    aldod, May 2, 2005

  2. aldod

    Old Gringo Guest

    do a free scan at trendmicro.com

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, May 2, 2005

  3. aldod

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 1 May 2005 23:10:19 -0400, "aldod" <> wrote:

    >Think I have got a virus tryed to do live update with Norton to no avail.
    >Now whats next dont want to dig a deeper hole........Will listen to any
    >voice within reason

    This is a link to a small FREE program by McAfee Anti-virus named Stinger. It will scan your
    system for 47 known viruses and trojans and repair them. You don't need McAfee anti-virus
    installed on your computer... this is a stand alone program. http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
    Direct download: http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/stinger.exe

    Microsoft provides free anti-virus software that can be used for 1 year.
    http://www.my-etrust.com/micro­soft/

    Free online virus scanners

    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://security.norton.com/default.asp?langid=us&venid=sym
    http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp
    http://www.freedom.net/viruscenter/onlineviruscheck.html
    http://www.dials.ru/english/www_av/
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

    Another possibility is to borrow a second computer with anti-virus software on it, and put that
    HDD in it as a slave, and run the anti-virus software to clean it up.
    Unk, May 2, 2005
  4. aldod

    aldod Guest

    Thanks every time i try something the cpu gets maxed out some how will try
    anything not to format the hard drive.

    aldod, May 2, 2005
  5. aldod

    Unk Guest

    Bootup in the safe mode.

    Unk, May 2, 2005
  6. aldod

    aldod Guest

    Stinger is running where nothing else...DID keeping fingers and toes
    crossed.These machines are really wicked when they are not working right
    Thanks again

    aldod, May 2, 2005
  7. aldod

    BS Guest

    "aldod" <> wrote in message
    > Stinger is running where nothing else...DID keeping fingers and toes
    > crossed.These machines are really wicked when they are not working right
    > Thanks again
    > "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > > Bootup in the safe mode.
    > >
    > > On Mon, 2 May 2005 00:29:06 -0400, "aldod" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Thanks every time i try something the cpu gets maxed out some how
    > > > will try anything not to format the hard drive.
    > > > "Unk" <> wrote in message

    > > > http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

    > http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/stinger.exe

    Stinger currently scans for 50 known viruses and trojans; get the curent
    version. You may want to try downloading the Symantec Intelligent Updater
    and see if that will force an update for the current virus definitions for
    Norton AntiVirus.
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/download.html If you can't
    download and run the updater, try to install it directly over the internet.
    Good luck.

    BS, May 2, 2005
  8. Check you have auto update enabled then go to www.symantec.com click on
    check my computer and then check for viruses, and follow any instruction
    from there. I've had this problem and was resolved by Symantec after
    contacting to site (wasn't recognizing key).Good luck.
    Jurgen Klingemann, May 3, 2005