System is slow,want to increase speed/memory

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Thaqalain, Jun 24, 2005.

  1. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    I have Intel(R) Pentium (R)4:
    BIOS VER: LY84510A.86A.0029.P11
    Processor:X86Family15 Model 1 Stepping
    Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz
    System Bus Speed: 400 MHz
    System Memory Speed: 133MHz
    Cache RAM: 256KB
    Total Memory: 127MB (76%Load)
    DIMM Memory Connector:Kingston KVR133x64C3/128
    (4No.:0246PT09,D1616ST-75)
    (Seen 54 connectors/IC)
    Memory Bank: 128MB(PC133)
    C:14823/19992MB (Free/Total)
    D:12107/18150MB
    System Resources:86%Free
    Windows:98(4.10)Build 2222
    Presently using:Windows XP SP2

    My system is too slow while we click some icons/programs,it is too late
    to get page open.If I click another link/icon,its too slow.I want to
    know the solution.Will I get increased speed after adding a memory
    card,what are specs/model for this memory card which need to be
    added.Tell me the best place to shop this memory card. What these
    figures represent:
    Kingston KVR133x64C3/128
    (4No.:0246PT09,D1616ST-75)
    ( 54 connectors/IC)
    Thaqalain, Jun 24, 2005

  2. Thaqalain

    Gray Ghost Guest

    I would go with Crucial Memory.

    http://www.crucial.com

    -gg-

    Gray Ghost, Jun 24, 2005

  3. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    Do I have to consider latency while purchasing it:
    Latency:
    The time between initiating a request for data and the beginning of the
    actual data transfer. On a disk, latency is the time it takes for the
    selected sector to come around and be positioned under the read/write
    head. Channel latency is the time it takes for a computer channel to
    become unoccupied in order to transfer data. Network latency is the
    delay introduced when a packet is momentarily stored, analyzed and then
    forwarded.
    Thaqalain, Jun 24, 2005
  4. Thaqalain

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Thaqalain wrote:

    > Do I have to consider latency while purchasing it:
    > Latency:
    > The time between initiating a request for data and the beginning of the
    > actual data transfer. On a disk, latency is the time it takes for the
    > selected sector to come around and be positioned under the read/write
    > head. Channel latency is the time it takes for a computer channel to
    > become unoccupied in order to transfer data. Network latency is the
    > delay introduced when a packet is momentarily stored, analyzed and then
    > forwarded.

    You can call Crucial and talk with a tech about your memory needs and they
    will help you.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jun 24, 2005
  5. Thaqalain

    Shep© Guest

    On 23 Jun 2005 21:17:46 -0700 As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric Sheep and
    then "Thaqalain" <> wrote :

    >I have Intel(R) Pentium (R)4:
    >BIOS VER: LY84510A.86A.0029.P11
    >Processor:X86Family15 Model 1 Stepping
    >Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz
    >System Bus Speed: 400 MHz
    >System Memory Speed: 133MHz
    >Cache RAM: 256KB
    >Total Memory: 127MB (76%Load)
    >DIMM Memory Connector:Kingston KVR133x64C3/128
    > (4No.:0246PT09,D1616ST-75)
    > (Seen 54 connectors/IC)
    >Memory Bank: 128MB(PC133)
    >C:14823/19992MB (Free/Total)
    >D:12107/18150MB
    >System Resources:86%Free
    >Windows:98(4.10)Build 2222
    >Presently using:Windows XP SP2
    >
    >My system is too slow while we click some icons/programs,it is too late
    >to get page open.If I click another link/icon,its too slow.I want to
    >know the solution.Will I get increased speed after adding a memory
    >card,what are specs/model for this memory card which need to be
    >added.Tell me the best place to shop this memory card. What these
    >figures represent:
    >Kingston KVR133x64C3/128
    > (4No.:0246PT09,D1616ST-75)
    > ( 54 connectors/IC)

    I suspect your problem has nothing to do with hardware.
    Start cleaning up correctly as per,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/house.html
    and,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/startup.html

    And make sure you have enough space on your drive that has the
    win386.swp file to allow it to work and also,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/easy.html

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, Jun 24, 2005
  6. Thaqalain

    Ron Martell Guest

    Ron Martell, Jun 25, 2005
  7. Thaqalain

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Thaqalain" <> wrote:

    >I have Intel(R) Pentium (R)4:
    >BIOS VER: LY84510A.86A.0029.P11
    >Processor:X86Family15 Model 1 Stepping
    >Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz
    >System Bus Speed: 400 MHz
    >System Memory Speed: 133MHz
    >Cache RAM: 256KB
    >Total Memory: 127MB (76%Load)
    >DIMM Memory Connector:Kingston KVR133x64C3/128
    > (4No.:0246PT09,D1616ST-75)
    > (Seen 54 connectors/IC)
    >Memory Bank: 128MB(PC133)
    >C:14823/19992MB (Free/Total)
    >D:12107/18150MB
    >System Resources:86%Free
    >Windows:98(4.10)Build 2222
    >Presently using:Windows XP SP2

    128 mb of RAM is woefully inadequate for Windows XP under almost any
    circumstance. Adding more RAM will improve performance greatly. Get
    at least another 256 mb (for a total of 384 mb) at least.

    >My system is too slow while we click some icons/programs,it is too late
    >to get page open.If I click another link/icon,its too slow.I want to
    >know the solution.Will I get increased speed after adding a memory
    >card,what are specs/model for this memory card which need to be
    >added.Tell me the best place to shop this memory card. What these
    >figures represent:
    >Kingston KVR133x64C3/128
    > (4No.:0246PT09,D1616ST-75)
    > ( 54 connectors/IC)

    If your existing memory is from Kingston then that is where you should
    shop for additional RAM, unless you are planning on not using the old
    module at all. Kingston is a well known provider of quality RAM
    products.

    You will need to know the make & model of your computer/motherboard as
    well as the specs from the existing RAM module in order to ensure
    compatibility.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm
    Ron Martell, Jun 25, 2005
  8. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    Can I insert 128 MB,168 Pin,PC100-222-620 (AZEN RAM)(taken out from
    another computer) alongside Kingston KVR133x64C3/128.
    Azen Ram is double sided,8 chips either side,having following part# on
    it:
    0364804PT3C
    10 29L6083
    IBM BR52
    945402770 Q
    Thaqalain, Jun 26, 2005
  9. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    In newer systems using SDRAM or DDR SDRAM memory, you can use modules
    of different densities with no problem. For example, if your computer
    came with a 128MB memory module, you can add a 256MB module for a total
    of 384MB of RAM. However, if you have a "dual-channel" system and want
    to take advantage of that technology, you will need to ensure that the
    modules in each memory slot are the same density.
    Thaqalain, Jun 26, 2005
  10. Thaqalain

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Thaqalain" <> wrote:

    > After inserting 128 MB,168 Pin,PC100-222-620 (AZEN RAM)(taken out from
    >
    >another computer) alongside present Kingston KVR133x64C3/128:
    >
    >Total Physical Memory: 126 MB
    >Available Physical Memory: 32 MB
    >Virtual Memory: Max Size: 2,048 MB
    >Virtual Memory: Available: 2,003 MB
    >Virtual Memory: In Use: 45 MB
    >
    >Why I don't see figure of 256 MB RAM?

    Either the additional RAM is not properly installed or it is
    defective.

    Try removing the Kingston module and using the computer with just the
    Azen RAM installed.

    Ron Martell, Jun 27, 2005
  11. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    This data achieved after pressing Control+Alt+Del and subsequent

    Totals
    Handles 9734
    Threads 412
    Processes 45

    Physical Memory
    Total 128816
    Available 43360
    System Cache 60976

    Kernal Memory
    Total 33128
    Paged 26892
    Nonpaged 6236

    Commit Cahrge
    Total 221792
    Limit 507376
    Peak 247072

    PF Usage: 216 MB
    CPU Usage: 5%

    Need your kind comments/views,suggestions.
    Thanks
    Thaqalain, Jun 27, 2005
  12. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    Intel: D845GLLY
    I done all 3 possible cases:
    I-Inserted PC100 in Slot#1 with PC133 in Slot#0,it read 126 MB.
    II-Inserted PC100 only in Slot#0,it read only 64 MB and Ssystem was
    excessively Slow but working.Why PC100,128 MB reading only 64MB?
    III-Restore Status-I to get reasonable Speed andmemory,

    I did not touch connectors fearing ESD from my body may damage
    module.How can I clean it?Can I clean it by Alcohol?
    Thaqalain, Jun 28, 2005
  13. Thaqalain

    Pat Guest

    On 28 Jun 2005 01:42:19 -0700, "Thaqalain" <> wrote:

    >Intel: D845GLLY
    >I done all 3 possible cases:
    >I-Inserted PC100 in Slot#1 with PC133 in Slot#0,it read 126 MB.
    >II-Inserted PC100 only in Slot#0,it read only 64 MB and Ssystem was
    >excessively Slow but working.Why PC100,128 MB reading only 64MB?
    >III-Restore Status-I to get reasonable Speed andmemory,
    >

    >I did not touch connectors fearing ESD from my body may damage
    >module.How can I clean it?Can I clean it by Alcohol?

    It could be the memory is 64meg. I had this happen. I bought a 64 meg module
    that was only 32 meg. I returned it and they put it on a system in the store
    and it read 32 meg. They replaced it with the 64 meg I paid for. They
    claimed it got mixed up with the larger memory modules.

    --
    Pat
    Pat, Jun 28, 2005