    When I access the Windows Task Manager, the process that by far uses the
    most CPU appears to be System Idle Process. What is that?

    Mel
    MB_, Mar 24, 2005

  2. MB_

    Wizard Guest

    MB_ <> wrote:

    > When I access the Windows Task Manager, the process that by far uses
    > the most CPU appears to be System Idle Process. What is that?

    It's the fuckin process that the system runs when it's idle, you useless
    fuckstain.
    Wizard, Mar 24, 2005

  3. MB_

    Jerry G. Guest

    When the system is idling, it goes through some general house keeping, which
    is mainly managing the cache, and temp files for various functions. There
    are routines running in the background of Windows for these purposes. On the
    average, the system idle should be about 97% to 99% most of the time, if
    there are no applications that are busy at the time. When doing the house
    keeping tasks, it can go down to in the 80% to 90% range for an instant, or
    for several minutes if it is very busy.

    On a specific computer, you can keep track of this number during times that
    you know everything is working well. If it is constantly low all the time,
    or its frequency of operation increases dramatically, you should start
    looking to see if there are any unfamiliar files in that list that are
    taking up a lot of resources, our CPU usage. By checking these out, you can
    usually see if there are any Trojan type software's running in the
    background.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    "MB_" <> wrote in message
    I have a Dell Dim 2400 with XP Home.

    Every so often, the disk drive keeps running something for a lengthy period
    of time (3-4 minutes).

    Jerry G., Mar 24, 2005
  4. MB_

    Jerry G. Guest

    I think you need a good over the knee spanking!

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Mar 24, 2005
  5. MB_

    Wizard Guest

    Jerry G. <> wrote:
    > I think you need a good over the knee spanking!

    You're not woman enough.

    Wizard, Mar 24, 2005
  6. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Thu,
    24 Mar 2005 03:33:08 -0500, "Jerry G." <> screamed
    from behind the mulberry bush:

    >I think you need a good over the knee spanking!
    >
    >--
    >
    >Jerry G.

    You two would make a nice pair because he'd probably like the spanking
    as much as you would like administrating it.

    --

    Zittmutter AKA Dr Zonk offers McDougal some oral carnal knowledge in Message-ID: <>

    "That's what your dead mother said...right before I fucked her."

    Jason, AKA a host of other sock puppets, displays a proclivity for being a motherfucker *and* a necrophiliac in Message-ID: <Xns9600B0B4DFAF6spamspamsnuhspam33@207.14.113.17>
    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Mar 24, 2005
  7. MB_

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Jerry G." wrote in message news:

    > I think you need a good over the knee spanking!

    Jerry, as your message and the one it was replying to were sent to the
    following newsgroups...

    24hoursupport.helpdesk
    alt.computer
    alt.computer.workshop
    alt.computer.workshop.live

    ....I think you need to watch out for cross-posting trolls.

    This might help... http://www.urban75.com/Mag/troll.html
    Dave Lear, Mar 24, 2005
  8. MB_ wrote:

    > I have a Dell Dim 2400 with XP Home.
    >
    > Every so often, the disk drive keeps running something for a lengthy
    > period of time (3-4 minutes).
    >
    > When I access the Windows Task Manager, the process that by far uses the
    > most CPU appears to be System Idle Process. What is that?

    Yeah. In the world of win-dooohs and luser-dom, the "system idle process"
    is the most time- and cpu-consuming application. Now when it can't find
    another way anymore to slowdown ("idle down") a system, that process begins
    spawning other processes that make the drive spin for a few minutes in lame
    attempts to do useful background work like indexing or maybe defragging.
    It's just Murphys law this happens at the same moment you begin to pay
    attention to your computer and urge it to open a big file, play a
    cpu-sucking game or try to tear it down by pressing the reset button.
    ;-)

    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.11-mm1[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, Mar 24, 2005
  9. "Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor" <> wrote in
    message news:

    > You two would make a nice pair because he'd probably like the spanking
    > as much as you would like administrating it.

    administrate : v.
    To have charge of (the affairs of others)
    To oversee the provision or execution of

    administer : v.tr.
    To give or apply in a formal way
    To apply as a remedy
    To direct the taking of
    To mete out

    You illiterate cumstain.
    Miss Perspiration Stink, Mar 25, 2005
  10. MB_

    JANA Guest

    You may be wrong!!!

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Mar 26, 2005
  11. MB_

    JANA Guest

    I think you are getting somewhere now! I tend to get carried away and do it
    a bit too hard though...

    --

    JANA
    _____