System Idle Process - strange connection

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Payne747, Sep 19, 2004.

  1. Payne747

    Payne747 Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a question regarding the System Idle Process.

    I'm running Windows XP pro with SP 2, and after doing a netstat I've
    noticed i always have a connection to:

    a193-45-10-125.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com

    After tracking down what they do i've discovered they are some sort of
    massive proxy system for the planet, or something (not to sure!) but I
    do know that the System Idle Process is making the connection.

    This connection is always active, and have noticed network traffic go
    mad when the PC is idle. I have checked fully with Spybot, Ad-aware,
    PestPatrol and Norton to see if i've got any spyware\viruses those have
    found none. I'm certian the PC is clean.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    John.
    Payne747, Sep 19, 2004

  2. Payne747

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Payne747 <> wrote in news:cikon5$c0d$1
    @titan.btinternet.com:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a question regarding the System Idle Process.
    >
    > I'm running Windows XP pro with SP 2, and after doing a netstat I've
    > noticed i always have a connection to:
    >
    > a193-45-10-125.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com
    >
    > After tracking down what they do i've discovered they are some sort of
    > massive proxy system for the planet, or something (not to sure!) but I
    > do know that the System Idle Process is making the connection.
    >
    > This connection is always active, and have noticed network traffic go
    > mad when the PC is idle. I have checked fully with Spybot, Ad-aware,
    > PestPatrol and Norton to see if i've got any spyware\viruses those have
    > found none. I'm certian the PC is clean.

    Active Ports to see the connection and Process Explorer to look inside a
    running process to see what's using it.

    http://tinyurl.com/klw1

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Sep 19, 2004