system hangs on acpitabl.dat

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by M, Jul 3, 2006.

  1. M

    M Guest

    I'm not sure but this may be an xp32 problem more than xp 64. My laptop an
    MSI 1013 came preloaded with xp64 and recently I added xp32 to the second
    partition (duel boot). On two occasions now during boot the system hangs
    while trying to load acpitable.dat, this is on the xp32 side but if I power
    off and try to boot on the 64 side it will hang on the same point.

    To get around it I have to take the battery out of the pc and let it sit for
    about 5 mins and then power it up.

    I'm wondering what I can do to fix this?

    Thanks for your help.

    Here are the specs for the machine

    Turion MT-37 64 mobile
    2 GB. DDR 333/400 SDRAM modules
    Chipset:ATI RS480M + SB400
    Hard Drive:Supports 2.5" 9.5mm IDE HDD with Ultra ATA-100 up to 100GB
    Graphics:ATI Radeon® Xpress 200M
    Display:12.1" TFT WXGA (internal Max: 1280 x 800 resolutions)
    Optical Drive(s):8X Dual Format DVD Burner
    Networking:Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
    Modem:Integrated AV.92/56K fax/modem
    PCMCIA Slots:One PCMCIA 2.1 Type II slot
    Pointing Device:Built-in touchpad with 2 click buttons
    Sound:AC'97 2.2, SoundBlaster Compatible
    Memory Readers:MMC/SD/MS 3-in-1 Card Reader
    WiFi:Intel Pro Wireless 2200 802.11b/g, 2915 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN or MSI
    Combo 802.11b/g + Bluetooth Module Optional

    M, Jul 3, 2006

  2. You might check the manufacturer's site for a BIOS update.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 3, 2006

  3. M

    John Barnes Guest

    Is there a chance you unplug some other piece of equipment at the same time
    you take out the battery. I have always found this on my machines to be
    related to some hardware change I have made between boots.

    John Barnes, Jul 3, 2006
  4. M

    M Guest

    No nothing is being unplugged. I think it has something to do with the mouse
    because at times the mouse works intermintantly and I have to reboot to get
    it to work correctly. This is a usb mouse btw.

    btw I take the battery out and let the system sit for a while in order to
    get the system to boot properly after it hangs on the driver loading.

    M, Jul 4, 2006
  5. M

    John Barnes Guest

    Have you tried to boot immediately with the mouse disconnected? You can
    then reconnect the mouse when you reach the welcome screen if that is the
    problem. You should also look for a newer driver for the mouse or reinstall
    the driver.

    John Barnes, Jul 4, 2006

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9leSBU?=

    Bootup stops at acpitabl.dat

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9leSBU?=, May 9, 2005, in forum: Windows 64bit