    a few times until the bios screen appears. My clock speed is reset to a
    lower speed and then I have to change the clock speed to it's normal setting
    before everything is OK. Did I get hit with a virus or trojan or something?

    Bud Light, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Bud Light

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| I'm running WindowsXP professional and it seems that when I now turn
    >| on the computer it hangs or takes a long time to load up. After it
    >| loads up the system freezes which causes me to do a shut down.
    >| After restarting the machine, the machine hangs and will not boot
    >| up. I have to close and start a few times until the bios screen
    >| appears. My clock speed is reset to a lower speed and then I have
    >| to change the clock speed to it's normal setting before everything
    >| is OK. Did I get hit with a virus or trojan or something?

    Have you checked the CMOS battery?

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Oct 16, 2004

  3. Bud Light

    Bud Light Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > >| I'm running WindowsXP professional and it seems that when I now turn
    > >| on the computer it hangs or takes a long time to load up. After it
    > >| loads up the system freezes which causes me to do a shut down.
    > >| After restarting the machine, the machine hangs and will not boot
    > >| up. I have to close and start a few times until the bios screen
    > >| appears. My clock speed is reset to a lower speed and then I have
    > >| to change the clock speed to it's normal setting before everything
    > >| is OK. Did I get hit with a virus or trojan or something?

    > Have you checked the CMOS battery?

    I checked and it seems fine. Never got a warning about the CMOS battery.
    Time and date on system clock always up to date. Thanks for the suggestion.
    However, my computer now boots up today after I vacummed the dust from the
    fan, cpu fan, and video card fan. Not sure if that was the solution but
    I'll cross my fingers after the next reboot.

    Bud Light, Oct 16, 2004